P. Timothy Kelly
Top rated personal injury attorney in Scranton, PennsylvaniaNeedle Law Firm
P. Timothy Kelly is an attorney with Needle Law Firm, which has law offices in Scranton and Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 38 years of total legal experience, Mr. Kelly provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout the Scranton, Wilkes-Barre and Stroudsburg region who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones due to the negligent, careless or unlawful actions of others.
Certified as both a civil trial advocate and civil pretrial practice advocate, Mr. Kelly delivers unmatched representation to individuals and families suffering needlessly through no fault of their own. From his efforts, he has recovered substantial amounts of compensation for his plaintiff injury clients, and he has extensive experience with various other legal areas as well, including workers' compensation and Social Security Disability, real estate law, elder law and estates, gas rights, and more.
A 1979 graduate of the University of Scranton, Mr. Kelly obtained his Juris Doctor from Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law in 1982. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. He is an active member of the Federal Bar Association and the American Association for Justice, and he has served on the board of governors of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, where he has also served on a number of the organization's committees.
Mr. Kelly has also held several leadership roles with North Penn Legal Services as well as the Lackawanna County Bar Association. He has received the George F. Douglas Amicus Curiae Award for Outstanding Appellate Advocacy and top rankings from the National Trial Lawyers along with designation as among America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys.
In addition, Mr. Kelly is an active member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the American Board of Trial Advocates, and he is a fellow with the Roscoe Pound Institute. He is also very active in his local community, as evidenced by his leadership with the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce, the Voluntary Action Center, the United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne County, and other civic, charitable and commercial organizations in his area.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant, Elder law, Estate planning & probate, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Real estate: business
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Motor vehicle defects
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Workers' compensation: claimant
- 10% Elder law
- 10% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 10% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1982, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.needlelawfirm.com/attorney-profiles/p-timothy-ke...
- Problems in Product Liability Cases, The Law – May 13, 1998
- Issues in Auto Law – 2009
- Liens, Subrogation & Joint Tortfeasor Releases – 2004, 2007 Current
- Premises Liability in PA – 2003, 2004
- National Business Institute Legal Seminars, Board of Lecturers, 1991- present
- Rules of Civil Procedure, Limitation of Actions and Docket Activity – January 28, 1998
- Slip and Fall Cases, Ice and Snow – September 24, 1997
- Pleading and Proving Damages in Personal Injury Cases, Personal Injury Damages – March 19, 1997
- Common Evidentiary Issues in Personal Injury Cases, Recoverable Damages – November 11, 1997
- Recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2008-present
- America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys (Pennsylvania), 2020
- George F Douglas Amicus Curiae Award, Pa Association For Justice, 2010
- Fellow, Roscoe Pound Institute, 2000 – present
- Lackawanna County United Way Lawyers Campaign, Vice Chairman, 1989 – 1992
- Lackawanna Pro Bono, 2000-Present
- National Ski Patrol, Eastern PA Region – Coordinator, Auxiliary Programs 1996 – 2000; Legal Advisor 2001 – present
- Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors 2016-Present) (Chair Government Affairs Committee 2019-present
- Good Shepherd Youth Corporation of Clarks Summit, PA, Solicitor 1999 – 2013, President 2000 – 2013; Board of Directors 1995 – 2013 and Family Services (Board President 2001-Present) Voluntary Action Center, PA, Board of Directors 1992 – 1999; 2012 – 2015 President 1995-1997, United Way of Lackawanna County (Allocations Panel Member 1984 – 1989, Chairman 1990 – 1991) Scranton Preparatory School Alumni Board of Governors
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 1995 – present
- Best Lawyers 2021-Present, 2021
- National Trial Lawyers (invitation only), 2011 – present
- American Board of Trial Advocates (invitation only) 2006 – present (President Northeast PA Chapter 2011 – present)
- Lackawanna County Bar Associations, President 2006
- Lackawanna County Bar Associations, President-Elect, 2005
- North Penn Legal Services, Board of Directors, 2001 – 2003; President 2001 – 2003
- Lackawanna County Bar Associations, Vice-President 2004
- Lackawanna County Bar Associations, Secretary 1999 – 2003
- Lackawanna County Bar Associations, Board of Directors 1988 – 1989, 1995 – 2009
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Worker’s Compensation Section, 2015 – 2017
- Northern Pennsylvania Legal Services, Board of Directors, 1990 – 2000
- American Association for Justice 1982 – present
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Past Chair Worker’s Compensation Section, 2008-2009, 2017-2018, Cochair
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Amicus Curiae Committee, 2003 – present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member House of Delegates, 2004 – present
- Federal Bar Association, 1999 – 2003
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1982
- President Lackawanna County Bar Association - 2006 Board of Governors Pa Association For Justice 1997-Present Board of Directors Lackawanna County Bar Association 1994-2009
- Chair Workers Compensation Section Pa Association for Justice 2008-2009, 2017-2018.
- President Committee for Justice for All 2015 - 2017
- Committee for Justice for All (Secretary 2010-2014 President 2015-2017) American Board of Trial Advocates (President Northeast Pa Chapter 2011-Present)
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate (National Board of Trial Advocacy) 1995-Present. Recertified 2000, 2005, 2010, and 2015; Board Certified Civil Pre-Trial Advocate (National Board of Trial Advocacy) 2012-Present.
- University of Scranton, B.S., Business Management, Magna Cum Laude, Omicron Delta Epsilon, 1979
Office location for P. Timothy Kelly
240 Penn Avenue
Scranton, PA 18503
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023