Timothy G. Lenahan
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Scranton, PA
- Free Consultation
Timothy G. Lenahan, the managing partner of Lenahan & Dempsey P.C., in Scranton, Pennsylvania, is an experienced personal injury attorney. Serving individuals across northeastern and central Pennsylvania, Mr. Lenahan’s firm has offices in Scranton, Berwick, Stroudsburg, Tunkhannock and Luzerne County.
Mr. Lenahan handles both highly complex and traditional cases involving car accidents, bus accidents, defective products, general negligence, medical negligence, nursing home abuse, product liability, slip and falls, Social Security Disability, truck accidents, workers’ compensation and more. He is known for being a pioneer in insurance bad faith law in Pennsylvania – he was both trial and successful appellate counsel in the landmark Pennsylvania Supreme Court case which established that insurers have a legal obligation to treat those with injury claims fairly.
Licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania since 1981, Mr. Lenahan has appeared before the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit and the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Over the course of his career, he has attained many million and multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts against corporations and insurance companies. Mr. Lenahan points out that lawyers in Pennsylvania must stress that the facts of all cases are different and past performance is not a guarantee of a future result.
Mr. Lenahan’s success and skill have been recognized as he is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell. Some of his other accomplishments include being listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” each year since 2008 and being named Best Lawyers’ Top Personal Injury Lawyer. He has also named one of the “Top 100 trial lawyers in Pennsylvania” by The National Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Lenahan earned his law degree from St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, Texas. He is certified in pretrial advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and is also board-certified in civil trial advocacy.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Insurance Coverage
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Insurance, Bad Faith Insurance
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Timothy G. Lenahan
First Admitted: 1981, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.lenahandempsey.com/timothy-g-lenahan.html
- Certified Pretrial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy since 2012
- Certified Civil Trial Advocate by National Board of Trial Advocacy, Since 1988
- Personal Injury And Insurance Law, Best Lawyers in America, 2008, 2009, 2010,2011
- Martindale Hubble Listing of AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best Lawyers, America Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year 2015-2016
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers In Pennsylvania, National Trial Lawyers Association.
- Best Lawyers in America - Listed under both Personal Injury Law as well as Insurance Law – Plaintiff’s since 2008.
- Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer”, Philadelphia Magazine, since 2005.
- Hollock v Erie, 2004 Pa. Super. 13, 842 A.2d 409 (2004)(en banc)
- 1978 - University of Scranton
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Lackawanna County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
Pro bono/Community Service
- Lackawanna County Pro Bono Board of Directors, 2010
- Special Trial Master/Mediator for Lackawanna County
Last Updated: 5/17/2022