Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in State College, PA
When Lindsay C. Covalt created Covalt Law LLC, she envisioned a law firm that assisted residents of Central Pennsylvania with the resolution of their legal issues. Over the course of her legal career, she has achieved remarkable success in helping her clients obtain favorable legal results in the areas of:
· Real estate law: Purchase and sales, title insurance, residential and commercial leasing agreements, quiet title actions, tax assessment and zoning appeals, breach of contract, and more;
· Business law: Entity selection, business formation and reorganization, operating and governance agreements, shareholder disputes, and sale and lease agreements;
· Estate Planning and Estate Administration/Probate: Wills and trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, living wills, administration, distribution and the closing of estates, and planning for inheritance and death taxes.
Attorney Covalt obtained her bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Gannon University in 2006 with minors in Finance and Human Resources. After advancing her professional career in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania for four years, Ms. Covalt pursued her legal education by enrolling at the Syracuse University College of Law. She received her Juris Doctor in 2013 and was admitted to practice in Pennsylvania that same year. Attorney Covalt Is also admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania.
At the beginning of her legal career, Ms. Covalt worked as a legal extern at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Binghamton, New York, and at the New York State Attorney General’s Office. She also served as an Assistant District Attorney at the Centre County District Attorney's Office. In 2017 she joined Attorney Thomas Knepp at Nittany Settlement Company in State College, Pennsylvania and remains affiliated with Nittany Settlement today, handling hundreds of residential and commercial real estate closings each year.
Ms. Covalt is incredibly thankful for the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others; her clients' concerns are of the utmost importance to her and she strives to provide dependable legal guidance to them each and every day. Many of her satisfied clients leave testimonials and refer their family and friends to her because she is thorough, kind, experienced and responsive. When not running her firm, Attorney Covalt focuses on spending time with her family and friends; you can often find her in the garden, outdoors enjoying nature with her husband, or hosting get-togethers for her friends and family.
- 40%Estate Planning & Probate
- 40%Real Estate: Consumer
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Estate & Trust Litigation
Estate Planning, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Mortgage & Refinance, Will Contests
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022
About Lindsay Covalt
First Admitted: 2013, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.covaltlaw.com/about/
- Alpha Gamma Delta
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2021
- Gannon University, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA, 2006
- Pennsylvania, 2013
- Centre Co. Bar Association, Member, 2014 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 2017 - Present
- Centre Region Estate Planning Council, Member, 2018-Present
- Pennsylvania Association of Justice, Member, 2020 - Present
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Last Updated: 5/15/2022