Brian C. Thompson
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Warrendale, PA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2016
As the founder of the Pennsylvania law firm Thompson Law Group, P.C., Brian C. Thompson focuses his law practice in the areas of bankruptcy and personal injury. He helps a wide variety of individuals and businesses to get their debts under control through bankruptcy protection under Chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. He represents clients in the Pittsburgh area, as well as in nearby Allegheny, Westmoreland, Washington, Butler, Beaver and Fayette counties.
Mr. Thompson earned his law degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. Prior to attending law school, he earned his undergraduate degree from Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia.
Today, Mr. Thompson is admitted to practice law in the state courts of Pennsylvania and West Virginia, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern districts of West Virginia and the U.S. District Courts for the Western and Middle districts of Pennsylvania.
Active in a number of professional organizations, Mr. Thompson has served as a council member for the bankruptcy and commercial law section of the Allegheny County Bar Association. He has also been a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
Mr. Thompson has drawn upon his experience in multiple areas of law to present a number of classes and seminars for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Allegheny County Bar Association and other organizations.
About Brian C. Thompson
First Admitted: 2003, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.thompsonattorney.com/About/Brian-C-Thompson.shtml
- Named Pennsylvania Super Lawyers "Rising Star," Thomson Reuters - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters - 2018-2019
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Advisory Committee U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of PA
- Member, Bankruptcy Inns of Court Auxiliary
- West Virginia, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 2004
- Member, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Member, Turn Around Management Association
- Member, Committee on Standing Local Rules, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, 2015
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 2011
- Member, Western PA Bankruptcy American Inn of Courts
- “Nuts and Bolts for the Experienced and Inexperienced Practitioners,” Allegheny County Bar Association, June 2010
- "15th Annual Bankruptcy Institute," Pennsylvania Bar Institute, September 2010
- "16th Annual Bankruptcy Institue," Pennsylvania Bar Institute, October 2011
- "18th Annual Bankruptcy Insitute," Pennsylvania Bar Institute, September 2013
- "26th Annual Bankruptcy Symposium," Alleghency County Bar Association, December 2013
- 20th Annual Bankruptcy Institute September 2015- What Every Commercial Lawyer Needs to Know About Consumer Practice
- Speaker, Mortgage Litigation Issues in Bankruptcy, Office of the Chapter 13 Trustee, 2018
- Christopher Newport University, B.S., Major: Government Administration, Minor: Accounting, 1999
Last Updated: 5/15/2022