Andrew J. Bellwoar
Top rated land use & zoning attorney in West Chester, PennsylvaniaBellwoar Kelly, LLP
Andrew J. Bellwoar is a partner at Bellwoar Kelly, LLP, located in West Chester, Pennsylvania. With over 32 years of experience providing sound and knowledgeable counsel to his clients, he focuses his practice on business contracts, wills, trusts and estate administration, real estate, land development, zoning, municipal law and so on.
Mr. Bellwoar has handled several high-profile and high net worth cases and has gained extensive knowledge and experience. He zealously advocates for his clients and fights for their rights. He communicates clearly with his clients and keeps them informed throughout the process. He is well known for the quality representation he provides.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree from Georgetown University, Mr. Bellwoar graduated with dean’s list honors. He obtained his Juris Doctor from the Villanova University School of Law. While in law school, he was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society.
Mr. Bellwoar is admitted to practice in the state of Pennsylvania. His previous legal positions include being a partner and an associate at two prominent law firms in Pennsylvania, where he represented police officers and public officials. He previously served as an assistant district attorney at the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office.
Mr. Bellwoar is a member of the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Officials. He lectures frequently and has spoken at many seminars in the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. He also takes a class on the land development process as part of the PSATS. Honored for his outstanding work in the legal field, Mr. Bellwoar was included in the list of Top Lawyers by Main Line Today magazine for several years in a row, and he has a “Superb” rating on Avvo.
Practice areasLand use/zoning, Business/corporate, General litigation, Estate planning & probate, Real estate: consumer, State, local & municipal
Contracts, Litigation, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Landlord/tenant, State, local & municipal litigation
- 30% Land use/zoning
- 20% Business/corporate
- 20% General litigation
- 10% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Real estate: consumer
- 10% State, local & municipal
First Admitted: 1988, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.bellwoarkelly.com/attorney/bellwoar-andrew-j/
- Lindner v. Mollan, S44 Pa 487, 1996, PA Supreme
- Shelbourne Square v. Exeter Township
- Development Group v. Franklin Township
- Thornburg Noble v. Thornburg Township
- New Hanover Township and New Hanover Township Authority
- Lower Heidelberg Township
- Springfield Psychological Associates
- Phoenixville Area School District
- Rockland Immunochemical
- Top Lawyers 2012 to 2019, Main Line Today
- Moot Court Honor Society, Villanova University School of Law
- Georgetown University, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, B.A., Honors: Dean’s List, 1984
- Land Development Process, PSATS
- PBI Land Use Institute: Speaker, 2012
- PA State Association of Township Officials
- Pennsylvania, 1988
Office location for Andrew J. Bellwoar
126 West Miner Street
West Chester, PA 19382
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
See legal Q & A provided by Andrew J. Bellwoar
Q: How can I avoid probate in Pennsylvania?A: After someone dies, that person’s belongings, or “estate,” go through probate. This is the process that deals with the gathering, …
Q: When do I need to take a legal issue to my local zoning board in Pennsylvania?A: There are plenty of reasons you might argue your case to a zoning board somewhere in the commonwealth, but they tend to boil down to two general … See all answers by Andrew Bellwoar