Joel W. Goldberg
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in West Chester, PennsylvaniaGoldberg, Goldberg & Maloney
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Civil Litigation; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2012
Education: California Western School of Law
Goldberg, Goldberg & Maloney213 W. Miner Street
West Chester, PA 19382 Visit website
Joel W. Goldberg serves Chester County clients at Goldberg, Goldberg & Maloney as a litigation attorney. His workload includes personal injury cases related to motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, nursing home neglect and sexual abuse. As the son of a prominent attorney, Mr. Goldberg watched his father successfully handle some of the most high-profile cases in Pennsylvania and ultimately decided to follow in his footsteps.
He completed his undergraduate degree at Lafayette College and began his career in accounting. While working in this field, Mr. Goldberg went back to school to complete his law degree at the California Western School of Law. He also remains active in the legal community and maintains several memberships in law organizations, such as the Chester County Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice.
Mr. Goldberg has been licensed to practice in Pennsylvania since 2012. Since then, he has won several multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for his clients. His clients have included injured persons or their survivors in cases related to trucking accidents, medical malpractice, unsafe products and drunk-driving crashes.
As a husband and father, Mr. Goldberg invests heavily in the improvement and safety of his community. He serves as the vice chair of Coatesville Youth Initiative. This nonprofit trains youth leaders, encourages community values and improves family relationships.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 0% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2012, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.goldbergmaloney.com/attorneys/joel-w-goldberg/
- Coatesville Youth Initiative, Board Member (2014-Present)
- Co-director of the Student Bar Association’s Community Outreach Committee, California Western School of Law
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Chester County Bar Association, Member
- Lafayette College
- A Chester County jury awarded his client who suffered a neck injury in a rear-end collision $445,000., 2022
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court adopted the "enterprise liability doctrine" as a result of Joel's efforts to pierce the corporate veil of a debtor company and collect his client's $6.8 million dollar judgment from the debtor's sister company. Mortimer v. McCool, 255 A.3d 261 (Pa. July 21, 2021), 2021
- The jury awarded $111,000 to a motorcyclist who laid his bike down and suffered relatively minor injuries when the defendant's vehicle pulled into the roadway just before the crash. The defense denied liability, 2019
Office location for Joel W. Goldberg
213 W. Miner Street
West Chester, PA 19382
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022