Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Whitehall, PennsylvaniaCohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo, P.C.
Alexis Berg is an attorney with Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo law firm, which has law offices in Bethlehem and Whitehall, Pennsylvania. Serving clients throughout Lehigh, Northampton, and Monroe counties and the surrounding areas, Ms. Berg provides invaluable counsel and support to those who need help securing their rightful Workers' Compensation benefits or Social Security Disability benefits.
Certified as a Workers' Compensation specialist by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Ms. Berg has more than 15 years of experience helping injured and disabled individuals obtain the benefits they need to support themselves and their families when they can no longer work. A native of the area, she has deep ties to her community and a genuine concern for the legal issues that affect her local residents.
As such, she fights hard to help them receive the compensation they deserve, and she finds great reward in being able to help so many during their dire times of need. Honored for her exemplary professionalism and service, she has earned a Top 40 Under 40 designation from Lehigh Valley Business magazine, and her firm named her Labor Partner of the Year as designated by the AFL-CIO Leigh Valley Labor Council.
A 2003 magna cum laude graduate of Tiffin University in Tiffin, Ohio, Ms. Berg obtained her Juris Doctorate from Ohio Northern University's Petit College of Law in 2006. The Pennsylvania Bar Association admitted her to practice the following year, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Ms. Berg is an active member of the Pennsylvania, Lehigh County and Monroe County Bar Associations as well as the Workers' Compensation committee and Social Security Disability committee of Lehigh County. She serves as Chairwoman for the Lehigh County Bar Association Workers’ Compensation committee, and she is a current member of the mentorship committee for the Women's Business Council for the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce. Ms. Berg also serves as a member of the Workers' Compensation Specialist Selection Committee for the Pennsylvania Bar Association and a Board of Director for the Bar Association of Lehigh County. She has also conducted numerous lectures and seminars before various local Chambers of Commerce and labor unions.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant, Social Security Disability
- 50% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 50% Social Security Disability
First Admitted: 2007, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.cohenfeeley.com/alexis-berg-townsend
- Saint Joseph’s University, Assistant Softball Coach, Philadelphia, PA, 2006-2008
- Whitehall High School, Head Softball Coach, Whitehall, PA, 2007-2017
- Volunteer to raise hope and awareness for those and their families who have suffered a traumatic brain injury or a concussion, 2018
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, Political Science, 1998-2000, National Collegiate Honor Society, Dean’s List, Member of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority, Member of Varsity Crew Team
- Tiffin University Tiffin, OH, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Criminal Justice, May 2003, Dean’s Scholarship Recipient, Dean’s List, Academic/Athletic All-American, Varsity Softball Team Captain, Student Athletic Advisory Committee, Student Government/Senior Class Representative, Achievement award in Forensic Psychology
- Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist certified by the Pennsylvania Bar Association Workers' Compensation Section as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 2014
- Member of the Workers' Compensation Certification Committee, Workers' Compensation Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association , 2020
- 2017 - Present - Monroe County Bar Association, Member
- 2019 - Present - Mentorship Committee for the Women's Business Council for the Greater Valley Chamber of Commerce
- 2019 - Chairwoman of the Lehigh County Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Committee
- 2017 - Present - Lehigh County Bar Association, Executive Board Member
- 2017 - Present – Northampton County Bar Association, Member
- 2010 - Present - Social Security Disability Committee of Lehigh County
- 2007 - Present - Lehigh County Bar Association, Member
- 2007 - Present - Worker's Compensation Committee of Lehigh County
- 2007 - Present - Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Chairwoman - Workers' Compensation Committee for the Lehigh County Bar Association, 2019
- Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and Workers' Compensation Committee
- Board of Director, Lehigh County Bar Association, 2017
- Supreme Court Decision, Peters v. WCAB, (2021) An employee who travels in the course of their work-related duties is presumed to remain within the scope of employment when attending an employer-sponsored social event. An employer is responsible for injury sustained by the employee after his departure from that work-related event - if he did not abandon his employment prior to the accident, via actions which “were so foreign to and removed from his usual employment that they constitute an abandonment of that employment.”, 2021
- , Super Lawyer - Workers' Compensation , Super Lawyer , 2023
- , Best Lawyer- Workers' Compensation- Claimant's , Best Lawyers/Lehigh Valley Business, 2023
- , Best Lawyer - Workers' Compensation- Claimant's, Best Lawyers/Lehigh Valley Business, 2022
- These are attorneys who, through their role as leaders, help fashion policies, settle disputes, and ensure fairness in the Lehigh Valley. It recognizes those that shape our communities and influence our quality of life. , 2023 Power List for Law , Lehigh Valley Business, 2023
- Top Attorneys- Pennsylvania Outstanding Young Lawyers- Workers' Compensation Law, Top Attorneys-Pennsylvania Young Lawyers, Philadelphia Magazine, 2014
- , Super Lawyer- Workers' Compensation , FindLaw - Super Lawyers , 2022
- , Best Lawyer- Workers' Compensation Claimant's, Best Lawyers/Lehigh Valley Business, 2021
- You were selected for your professional achievement, community involvement and inspiring change. We received nominations from throughout the Lehigh Valley region and yours stood out from the crowd! (Lehigh Valley Business), Women Of Influence Honoree, Lehigh Valley Business, 2022
- SuperLawyer Rising Star for 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Select Lawyer in Workers' Compensation, Select Lawyer - Best in Workers' Compensation, Leigh Valley Style, 2016
- Honored as one of the 40 under 40 for 2017 in Lehigh Valley, 40 under 40, Lehigh Valley Business, 2017
- Honored for my contributions personally and professionally and which exemplified what Tiffin University preaches and practices, Alumni Achievement Award, Tiffin University, 2016
Office location for Alexis Berg-Townsend
352 Fifth Street
Whitehall, PA 18052
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2017