Richard A. Russo
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Wilkes-Barre, PA
Aggressively pursuing financial justice on behalf of those who have suffered injury due to the careless or negligent actions of others, Richard A. Russo is a partner at Rosenn, Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP. Focusing his practice on personal injury, Mr. Russo generally handles cases involving issues such as automobile accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, products liability, medical malpractice, construction accidents and wrongful death. Serving clients throughout the state of Pennsylvania, he also represents policyholders in insurance bad faith claims.
In 1980, Mr. Russo graduated cum laude from the Temple University Beasley School of Law, earning a Juris Doctor. Prior to that, he graduated magna cum laude from Wilkes University in 1977, receiving a Bachelor of Arts.
Having 40 years of experience, Mr. Russo has seen firsthand the effects that spinal cord, brain and other serious injuries may have on people and their families. Providing compassionate assistance, yet aggressive representation, he strives to help his clients recover the compensation they need and deserve. Mr. Russo is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and he has received the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Russo is a member of the trucking litigation group of the American Association for Justice and the American Bar Association. Mr. Russo is a member of the Wilkes-Barre Law and Library Association’s Bench-Bar committee, and he currently serves on the board for The Kevin Kitchnefsky Foundation for Spinal Cord Research.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Insurance Coverage
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Bad Faith Insurance
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
About Richard A. Russo
First Admitted: 1980, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.rjglaw.com/attorneys/richard-a-russo/
- AAJ - Motor Vehicle Collision & Premises Liability Litigation Group
- American Association for Justice — Stalwart member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- American Bar Association
- United States Supreme Court
- AAJ — Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association) — Member of Bench-Bar Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Pro bono/Community Service
- Kevin Kitchnefsky Foundation for Spinal Cord Research, Board Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- AV Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America 2015 - 2022 in the field of Plaintiff Personal Injury, Best Lawyers of America
- Selected as a 2018 - 2020 Super Lawyer in the field of Personal Injury.
- Top Lawyers of Pennsylvania in the field of Insurance Law, 2013 and 2014
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Top Rated Pennsylvania Lawyer in Insurance Law, 2013 and 2014
- Baseball, Father of 3 a Quadriplegic
- $5 Million recovery for Brain Injury
- $600,000 Settlement in Mackin Suicide Case
- Auto Law: Instructor at the 16th Annual Auto Law Update program offered by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute in November 2009
- Civil Litigation Program speaker at numerous Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association’s Bench-Bar Conferences regarding Tractor Trailer Accidents, Motor Vehicle crashes and Bad Faith Insurance Litigation
- Speaker at Trial Advocacy Programs and Trial “Boot Camp” programs presented to Northeastern Pennsylvania attorneys regarding trial practices and trial advocacy
- Trial Boot Camp and many personal injury seminars that have been provided to lawyers in Luzerne, Lackawanna and Northern Tier counties, Lecturer, Committee For Justice For All
- Gloria Estefan Accident (New York Times)
- Wilkes University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1977
- Committee For Justice For All
- Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- Northeastern PA Trial Lawyers Assoc.
- Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Assoc.
Last Updated: 7/6/2022