Henry A. Carpenter, II
Top rated elder law attorney in Yardley, PennsylvaniaBucks County Elder Law, LLC
Henry A. Carpenter II is the founder of Bucks County Elder Law, LLC. He is based in Yardley, Pennsylvania, and he serves clients throughout Bucks and Montgomery counties as well as in parts of New Jersey. Mr. Carpenter has been admitted to practice in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey since 1984. He attended the University of Connecticut as an undergraduate, and he received a Bachelor of Science in business administration in 1981. Mr. Carpenter then went on to pursue his legal education at Syracuse University College of Law, and he was a member of the Syracuse Law Review before being awarded his Juris Doctor magna cum laude in 1984. Mr. Carpenter received his Masters of Legal Letter (LL.M) in Taxation from Villanova University, Charles Widger School of Law in 1989.
As the name of his firm implies, a large portion of Mr. Carpenter’s practice involves various aspects of elder law. In that regard, he advises clients and their family matters on nursing home and other types of long-term health care, Medicaid planning, and asset protection. As a Certified Elder Law and Special Needs Planning Attorney, Mr. Carpenter has also set up special needs trusts for the benefit of clients who are suffering from a mental or physical disability, and his experience extends to guardianship and asset protection strategies. He has been certified as an Elder Law attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation.
Mr. Carpenter has an estate planning practice as well, in which he prepares and reviews wills, living and irrevocable trusts, health care and financial powers of attorney, and advance medical directives. He also assists clients whose loved ones have passed away with a valid will through what can often be a confusing and protracted probate process.
The Chairman Emeritus of the Elder Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Mr. Carpenter’s other memberships include the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Henry was honored on July 29, 2020, with the prestigious Excellence in Elder Law Award, by the Elder Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. This award was presented to Henry in recognition and appreciation of his superior professional efforts in the field of Elder Law. Significant contributions to the Legal profession and noteworthy service to the Elderly.
Henry was recognized in the June, 2020 issue of Philadelphia Magazine as a Top Attorney selected by peer recognition and professional achievement.
Practice areasElder law, Estate planning & probate
- 50% Elder law
- 50% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1984, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://buckscountyelderlaw.com/our-team/henry-a-carpenter-i...
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Member, Life Care Planning Law Firms Association
- Member, National Elder Law Foundation (NELF)
- New Jersey, 1985
- Pennsylvania, 1984
- Chairman Emeritus, Elder Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA)
- LL.M. in Taxation Earned from Villanova
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, B.S., Business Administration – 1981
- Top Attorney, as published in the June 2020 issue of Philadelphia Magazine. This selection was made by Peer Recognition and Professional Achievement., 2020
- This award was presented on June 29, 2020 in recognition and appreciation of his superior professional efforts in the field of Elder Law. Significant contributions to the Legal Profession and noteworthy service to the elderly., Excellence in Elder Law Award, Elder Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2020
- Asset Protection Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Life Care Planning
- Special Needs Planning
Office location for Henry A. Carpenter, II
301 Oxford Valley Rd
Yardley, PA 19067
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023