William F. Hoffmeyer
Top rated Real Estate attorney in York, PennsylvaniaHoffmeyer & Semmelman, LLC
Practice Areas: Real Estate, Business & Corporate, Estate Planning & Probate
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 1962
Have provided expert opinions in approximately 100 cases on attorney and title insurance agent malpractice and defective title issues; Handle large numbers of decedent's estates; Have written THE ABSTRACTORS BIBLE,4TH EDITION, sold through Amazon; Licensed Title Insurance Agent since 1967 and Owner of YACO, agent for First American Title Insurance Co.;
First Admitted: 1962, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.hoffsemm.com/attorney/hoffmeyer-william-f/
- Licensed Title Insurance Agent
- Chairman and co-chairman of the Pennsylvania Bar Assoc Unauthorized Practice of Law committee since 1993; Frequently retained as an expert witness in matters pertaining to Attorney and title insurance agent malpractice in real estate matters and in real estate title matters. Member of the PBA House of Delegates.
- Graduate of Franklin & Marshall College (A.B. degree) and The Dickinson School of Law (J.D. degree)
- I am the author of THE ABSTRACTOR'S BIBLE, now in its 4th edition; THE REAL ESTATE SETTLEMENT PROCEDURES MANUAL; PENNSYLVANIA INSTALLMENT SALES CONTRACT MANUAL; HOW TO PLOT A DEED; PREPARATION OF A REAL ESTATE SALES CONTRACT MANUAL; IN ADDITION TO MANY ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN SEMINAR MANUALS FOR SEMINARS PRESENTED BY ME FOR THE PENNSYLVANIA BAR INSTITUTE, NATIONAL BUSINESS INSTITUTE, HALF MOON EDUCATIONAL SERVICES AND LORMAN EDUCATIONAL SERVICES.
- I was only the sixth recipient of this award. It was awarded in recognition of my services rendered to the Bar Association and the general consumer public as the chairman of the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, PBA Bar Medal, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1997
- In admiration and recognition of devotion, spirit and involvement on behalf of the law school through alumni activities, for serving for a number of years on the board of directors of the Alumni Assoc., Distinguished Service Award, The Dickinson School of Law, 1993
- Decedent's Estates
- Real Estate
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023