Stefanie A. Murphy
Top rated criminal defense attorney in East Greenwich, Rhode IslandLaw Offices of Stefanie A. Murphy, LLC
From the Law Offices of Stefanie A. Murphy, LLC, in East Greenwich, Rhode Island, Stefanie A. Murphy aggressively defends clients throughout the state who have been charged with criminal offenses. She is admitted to practice in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
Ms. Murphy serves adults and juveniles facing allegations of assault and sexual offenses, traffic violations, DUI/DWI, weapons and drug charges, and computer crimes, as well as assisting with expungement, probation issues and bail violations. Not only is she a fierce criminal law attorney, but she also has a vast understanding of civil litigation and vigorously seeks justice for victims of hit-and-run accidents and medical malpractice. She also represents clients in landlord-tenant disputes and provides assistance with wills and estate planning.
When family conflicts arise, the heightened tension and emotional strain may create situations where one spouse becomes abusive. Domestic violence sometimes leads people to file for restraining orders to protect themselves, and Ms. Murphy often helps spouses in these circumstances, as well as those dealing with family law matters such as divorce, child custody and support, and property division.
Professional memberships with the American Bar Association, the Rhode Island Bar Association and the Newport Bar Association continue the education and network support that began with Ms. Murphy’s undergraduate degree from the College of the Holy Cross and her Juris Doctor from the Roger Williams University School of Law. Her contributions to the field of criminal law include lectures to Rhode Island and Connecticut police departments on topics such as DUI, resisting arrest and Fourth Amendment search and seizure.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Family law, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex offenses, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Trucking accidents
- 50% Criminal defense
- 30% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Family law
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2005, Rhode Island
Professional Webpage: https://www.samurphylaw.com/meet-the-attorney.html
- Named to Super Lawyers 2012 Rising Stars
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2006
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Rhode Island, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island, 2006
- Newport Bar Association
- East Greenwich- Juvenile Hearing Board, 2013
- Connecticut, 2006
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 2006
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A.
- Seven Cases Every DUI Practitioner in Rhode Island Should Know, 2010
- Author, "Second Offense and Refusal Cases". A Practical Guide to Trying DUI Cases in Rhode Island, MCLE New England Publication, 1st Edition, 2011
- Co-author, "How to Prove a DWI Observation Case." Rhode Island Bar Journal. September – October 2006, www.samurphylaw.com/articles.html
- Co-author, "The Potential Impact of State v. Delbonis on Prior Drunk Driving Convictions, 2000 – 2003," Rhode Island Bar Journal, May – June 2005, www.samurphylaw.com/articles.html, 2005
- Lecturer, East Greenwich police department - 4th amendment search and seizure, DUI, refusal, disorderly, assault, resisting arrest, 2012
- Lectures to the Bristol Police Department and the Defense Clinic at Roger Williams School of Law
- Lecturer, East providence police department- 4th amendment search and seizure, DUI, refusal, 2012
Office location for Stefanie A. Murphy
6 Wanton Shippee Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018
See legal Q & A provided by Stefanie A. Murphy
Q: What are the penalties for DUI in Rhode Island?A: When pulled over for a DUI in Rhode Island, dozens of worries swim through a driver’s head. The stigma of a DUI conviction is well known, and a … See all answers by Stefanie Murphy