Amato A. DeLuca
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Providence, Rhode IslandDeLuca & Associates
Amato A. DeLuca, of DeLuca & Associates, is a seasoned attorney with more than 35 years of experience representing clients in Providence, Warwick and throughout Rhode Island in medical negligence, product liability and catastrophic injury cases.
After graduating from the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut, Mr. DeLuca served for two years in the U.S. Army. Upon leaving the military, he earned his law degree from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts. He co-founded his current firm in 1995.
Mr. DeLuca is currently admitted to practice in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is also certified as a civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Along with running his law practice, Mr. DeLuca has participated in numerous professional organizations. He is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. He is a past president of the Rhode Island Association for Justice, the Rhode Island chapter of the American Inns of Court and the Rhode Island chapter of the Federal Bar Association. He has also volunteered for the American Civil Liberties Union.
Mr. DeLuca has lectured on legal topics for many different organizations and has been published numerous times in legal journals.
His hard work has earned Mr. DeLuca the respect of his peers in the legal profession. Among many other honors and awards he has received, he earned the highest rating, AV Preeminent,* from the peer review service Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1973, Rhode Island
Professional Webpage: https://delucaandassociates.com/attorneys-bios/amato-a-deluc...
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Advocacy
- American Association for Justice, Member, Board of Governors, 1995 - Present
- Federal Bar Association, Rhode Island Chapter, President, 1984 - 1985
- American Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Association for Justice, Vice President, Counsel of President, 1993 - 1994
- American Board of Trial Advocacy, Vice President, 1994 - Present
- Federal Bar Association, Rhode Island Chapter, Vice President, 1982 - 1983, 1901
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2006 - Present
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association, President Elect, 1990 - 1992
- American Inns of Court, Rhode Island Chapter, President, 1994 - 1995
- Federal Bar Association, Rhode Island Chapter, President Elect, 1983 - 1984
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association, President, 1992 - 1994;Member 1995-to present, 1901
- Voted by peers to this award, 2005 to present, Best Lawyers in America, Woodward-White
- Lecturer, Torts and Insurance, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Lecturer, Rhode Island Rules of Civil Procedure, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Lecturer, Medical Malpractice and HMO's, Use of Focus Group in Litigation, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Lecturer, Proof of Damages, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Rhode Island Rules of Civil Procedure, Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer, Trial Preparation, Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association
- University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, Connecticut, B.A., 1968
- Champion for Justice Award from Roger Williams University, 2020
- The Honorable Raymond J Pettine Civil Libertarian Award, 2009
- Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Citzen of the Year award, 1995
Office location for Amato A. DeLuca
199 North Main Street
Providence, RI 02903
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
Top listsTop 10: Rhode Island Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2011, 2015 - 2022
- Top 10: 2022 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2021 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2020 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2019 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2018 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2017 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2016 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2015 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2011 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2010 Rhode Island Super Lawyers