Bruce A. Wolpert
Top Rated Business & Corporate Attorney in Providence, RI
- Virtual Appointments
Bruce A. Wolpert is an accomplished and experienced Rhode Island lawyer. Mr. Wolpert practices extensively in the areas of corporate, business, health care and commercial real estate law. His clientele includes small- and medium-sized businesses, commercial real estate developers, physicians, pharmacists and other entrepreneurs.
The Services Attorney Wolpert Provides
Bruce Wolpert provides a broad range of legal services to his clients, including but not limited to:
· Creation of business entities
· Formation and dissolution of businesses and corporations
· Internal document reviews for small- and medium-sized businesses
· Drafting of internal documents such as buy/sell agreements
· Preparation and review of commercial leases
· Resolving employment-related issues
· Advice and guidance concerning various health care compliance and regulatory matters
As a part of his practice, Bruce frequently assists physicians with the creation and maintenance of their private practices. He also often represents local entrepreneurs, including the purchase and sale of supermarkets and pharmacies.
Giving Back To The Community
Beyond his professional practice, Bruce believes strongly in giving back to his community. Bruce is a lifelong resident of Providence. He received his undergraduate degree with distinction and high honor from the University of Rhode Island. After receiving his Juris Doctor degree from Emory University in 1978, he returned to Providence to practice law and subsequently established his own law firm.
He remains active in assisting his alma mater. He is a member of the Advisory Council for the College of Arts and Sciences (formerly co-chair) at the University of Rhode Island. One of his other roles includes raising money for an endowed chair in honor of one of his former political science professors.
Bruce also is extremely active in the local Jewish community. He previously served as president of the board for the Alperin Schechter Day School. He also twice served as president of the board for the Jewish Community Day School of Rhode Island (a successor to the Alperin Schechter Day School).
Recognition By Clients And Peers
Due to his mission to consistently provide the highest level of professional services, Bruce received selections to Super Lawyers from 2008-2010 and 2015-2019. He’s also been on the Judicial Nominating Commission for the State of Rhode Island from 1999 through 2003 and the Rhode Island State Labor Relations Board from 2013 until 2015.
Bruce pays close attention to every legal matter. He prides himself on responding promptly to clients’ questions and concerns. He approaches every legal concern with the idea of creating and maintaining a longstanding business relationship with his clients.
- 20%Health Care
- 20%Real Estate: Business
Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Health & Health Care Law, Condominiums & Cooperatives, Landlord/Tenant
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2010, 2015 - 2022
About Bruce A. Wolpert
First Admitted: 1978, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.brucewolpertlaw.com/attorneys/bruce-a-wolpert/
- Rhode Island, 1979
- Member, State Labor Relations Board, State of Rhode Island, 2013-2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 1978
- Georgia, 1978
- Member, Judicial Nominating Commission, State of Rhode Island (1999-2003)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past President, Alperin Schechter Day School
- Past Co-Chair, Advisory Committee to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, University of Rhode Island
- Past President, Jewish Community Day School of Rhode Island
- University of Rhode Island, B.A. (political science major) with high distinction., 1975
- American Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022