Donna M. Nesselbush
Top rated social security disability attorney in Providence, Rhode IslandMarasco & Nesselbush, LLP
Attorney Donna M. Nesselbush is a founding partner of the Marasco & Nesselbush law firm in Providence, Rhode Island. Realizing her life's calling is to help others in need, Ms. Nesselbush devotes her practice to advocating on behalf of the injured and disabled in order to help them secure the finances they need to support themselves and their families.
An attorney since 1991, Ms. Nesselbush has focused on Social Security Disability law for most of her career, earning a reputation as a leader in her field. In addition, she has also represented the rights and entitlements of numerous plaintiff clients with serious personal injury and wrongful death claims resulting from someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Growing up in a blue collar family in Buffalo, Ms. Nesselbush understands the value of hard work and the struggles so many face when a debilitating injury prevents them from working. She attended Brown University on a scholarship, graduating in 1984, and she received the Sarah Doyle Prize for her outstanding academic achievements and contributions to the women of her community.
She then worked as the executive director of the Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence, where she advocated on behalf of abuse victims throughout the state, and she credits this experience with spurring her decision to become a lawyer. While a student at Suffolk University Law School in Boston, she served on the school's law review and received the Leo J. Wyman Award for helping to advance "the civic and professional responsibilities of a lawyer." She obtained her Juris Doctor cum laude in 1991.
The Rhode Island Bar Association admitted her to practice that same year, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit.
Highly active in her legal community, Ms. Nesselbush is both the founder and chair of the Rhode Island Bar Association Social Security Disability Committee, and she is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Rhode Island Association for Justice and the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, among her other professional affiliations.
Recognized for her impeccable professionalism and service, she holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* rating, and the Pawtucket Hall of Fame named her as "Person of the Year" in 2014. She has also served in the Rhode Island Senate since 2011.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasSocial security disability, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death
First Admitted: 1991, Rhode Island
Professional Webpage: https://www.m-n-law.com/our-firm/donna-nesselbush/
- Co-founder and Chair, Rhode Island Bar Association's Social Security Disability Committee
- Member, Rhode Island Association for Justice
- Former Board Member, American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island
- Chief Judge, Pawtucket Municipal Court (Traffic & Housing Courts)
- Fellow, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Sustaining Member, National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Past President, Progreso Latino
- Frusher v. Astrue (1st Cir. 2010) $310,275.03
- Zettl v. Barnhart (Dist. RI, 2008) $76,728
- Bachelor of Arts, Brown University, 1984
- Appreciation Award, Travelers Aid Society of Rhode Island (now Crossroads Rhode Island), 1996
- Leo J. Wyman Award, Suffolk University, 1991
- Awarded to a graduating senior who has made a significant contribution to women, on campus and in the community, Sarah Doyle Prize, Brown University, 1984
- Certificate of Appreciation, Rhode Island Bar Association, Rhode Island Bar Foundation, and Rhode Island Legal Services, 1996
- 25 Suffolk University Law Review, 421, 1991
- 2012 Isabelle Ahearn O’Neill Award, YWCA of Northern Rhode Island, 2012
- 25th Anniversary Honoree, Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence, 2004
- Certificate of Appreciation, United States Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, 1995
- 20 to Watch, Rhode Island Monthly, 1989
- Co-Founder of Marasco & Nesselbush Charitable Foundation, 2011
- Lecture on Social Security Disability for the Rhode Island Bar Association's annual meeting, Rhode Island Bar Association, 2011
- Lawyer Uncovers Little-known Reg in Case of Disabled Vet – Lawyers Weekly
- 10 Tips to WIN Your Social Security Disability Case, Author, Social Security Disability, 2012
- Chapter Author, Interaction Between Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability Benefits, Workers' Compensation in Rhode Island
- Article explores the evolution of developing solutions to end domestic abuse from a legal standpoint., Author, From Rule of Thumb to Rule of Law: The Evolution of the Rhode Island Legal System's Response to Domestic Abuse, Suffolk University Law Review, 1991
- NBI (National Business Institute), Lecturer
- Lecture on Social Security Disability for the Rhode Island Bar Association's annual meeting, Presenter, Rhode Island Bar Association, 2009
Office location for Donna M. Nesselbush
685 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
Find me online
- New blog > https://t.co/61Owtesal2 Join our legal team on June 10 in the Katie DeCubellis road race to raise awaren… https://t.co/hz2GOSxbDd
- Our latest blog is up: https://t.co/iAUCbtHVtc This Saturday Marasco & Nesselbush will be lacing up our running sho… https://t.co/6h95m9hlir
- Marasco & Nesselbush Now Representing Victims of Dr. Rosenberg and Insys Therapeutics -> IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT for… https://t.co/Zww3Kbe4ds