George J. West
Top rated white collar crimes attorney in Providence, Rhode IslandGeorge J. West Counselor & Attorney at Law
The founding attorney of the Providence, Rhode Island, law firm of George J. West & Associates serves clients across Rhode Island and Massachusetts in matters related to:
- Federal court litigation
- Auto accidents
- Personal injury
- Toxic torts
- Wrongful death
- Assault and battery
- Criminal defense
- White collar crimes
- Appellate law and defense
A compassionate attorney, George J. West prioritizes each client’s unique case. With his 38 years of experience practicing law, he uses his skills and knowledge for the benefit of his clients, whether their cases involve legal matters related to citizenship or serious criminal charges.
Mr. West is a graduate of Providence College, earning his Bachelor of Science degree in 1980. He then enrolled at the Western New England College School of Law, receiving his Juris Doctor degree in 1983. Licensed to practice in Rhode Island and Massachusetts in 1984, he is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Districts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts, the United States Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Professionally affiliated with many organizations, Mr. West is a member of the Local Rules Committee, the American Bar Association and the Rhode Island Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. He is also a member of the Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association, The National Trial Lawyers and the National Elder Law Association. For his high ethical standards and professionalism, Mr. West was recently named Attorney of the Year by Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly. He is also Distinguished rated* through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense: white collar, Appellate, Criminal defense, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
White collar crime, Appeals, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Expungement, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death
- 50% Criminal defense: white collar
- 30% Appellate
- 10% Criminal defense
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1984, Rhode Island
Professional Webpage: https://www.georgejwestlawfirm.com/attorneys/
- Adjunct Visiting Lecturer, Business Law
- Providence College, Class of 1980, B.S.
- Massachusetts, 1984
- Supreme Court of the State of Rhode Island and Providence, 1984
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island, 1985
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- Supreme Judicial Court for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Mass. Bar, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 2009
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2014
- Rhode Island, 1984
- Continuing Service Award - RI. Bar Association - For Steadfast and Distinguished Pro Bono Service, 1993
- Attorney of the Year, R.I. Lawyers Weekly, 2008
Office location for George J. West
One Turks Head Place
Providence, RI 02903
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2015, 2017 - 2022