John R. Grasso
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Providence, Rhode IslandLaw Office of John R. Grasso, Inc.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, Family Law; view more
Licensed in Rhode Island since: 2006
Education: Roger Williams University School of Law
Law Office of John R. Grasso, Inc.72 Clifford St
Providence, RI 02903 Visit website
Attorney John R. Grasso is the founder of the Law Office of John R. Grasso in Providence, Rhode Island. Mr. Grasso focuses his practice on criminal defense and represents clients in the Providence metropolitan area in cases involving child molestation, child pornography, medical marijuana, sexual assault, student or campus misconduct and various other types of misdemeanor or felony matters.
Mr. Grasso holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Providence College and a master’s degree from Roger Williams University. He earned his law degree from Roger Williams University School of Law and also graduated from the National Criminal Defense College.
Passionate about being a public servant, Mr. Grasso served as a patrolman on the Cranston, Rhode Island, police department and was a member of the department’s special reaction and underwater recovery teams. He is also a proud former U.S. Army Officer.
Admitted to practice in the state courts of Rhode Island since 2010, Mr. Grasso is also licensed to practice law in the state of Massachusetts as well as before various federal courts and the Supreme Court of the United States.
A believer in giving back to those who have guided him, Mr. Grasso proudly serves his alma mater as a member of the adjunct faculty at Roger Williams University School of Law. In this role, he teaches criminal litigation and trial advocacy.
Mr. Grasso is a member of several professional organizations that include the Rhode Island Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the American Bar Association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Family Law
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Divorce, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Law, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations
First Admitted: 2006, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://johngrassolaw.com/about-us/
- National Criminal Defense College
- Providence College, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 1988
- Roger Williams University, Master of Science in Criminal Justice Studies
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Trial Advocacy and Criminal Litigation, Roger Williams University School of Law
- Attorney Grasso published an article on the unfairness of charging young teenagers with adult sex offenses, Author, My Turn: John Grasso: Destroying lives for childish mistakes, 2018
- Attorney Grasso comments on the recent police shooting and explains a public misonception of the use of force, Author, My Turn: John Grasso: Shooting out the tired doesnt work, Providence Journal, 2017
- Attorney Grasso participated as a panel member to discuss Title IX and the adjudication of campus sexual assault complaints., Panel Participant, State of the State Production, 2018
- Attorney Grasso published an article on the adjudication of campus sexual misconduct and Title IX., Author, Providence Journal, 2018
- Member, Cranston Rhode Island Police Department
- Member, Rhode Island Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Rhode Island
- Member, Bar of the United States Supreme Court, 2010
- Member, American Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Criminal Law, Roger Williams University School of Law, 2010
- Federal District Courts
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Multiple count sex assaults. Not Guilty after trial., 2017
- Our client was the subject of an ex parte restraining order after being accused by the plaintiff of sexually assaulting her. After investigating the allegation and a full hearing before a judge, the court found that the plaintiff failed to prove a sex assault occurred and then denied the restraining order.
- Our client, a student at a local university, was charged with several violations of the student code of conduct. After an immediate investigation, we developed the information that persuaded the hearing panel to find him not responsible of all charges.
- January 11, 2018. Eleven days into the new year and after 479 days waiting for his trial on a Massachusetts OUI and Negligent Operation, a jury exonerated our client of both charges.
- Attorney Grasso particpates as a paenl member on public television to discuss the adjudication of campus sexual misconduct and Title IX, State of the State, 2019
Office location for John R. Grasso
72 Clifford St
Providence, RI 02903
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2016
Additional sources of information about John R. Grasso
Find me online
- Checkout my latest post: College Campus Sex Assault & Sex Harassment Exoneration - https://t.co/K2HrQDHgUJ https://t.co/AEBhlnNfhB
- Checkout my latest post: TWO More Title IX Victories - https://t.co/dzfOzCkb6s https://t.co/UZd8lFaaEd
- Checkout my latest post: Two College Clients Were Exonerated of Alleged Wrongdoing on Campus -… https://t.co/0Y1jOc0mP4