Joseph P. Marasco
Top rated personal injury attorney in Providence, Rhode IslandMarasco & Nesselbush, LLP
As a founding partner of the Marasco & Nesselbush law firm in Providence, Rhode Island, attorney Joseph P. Marasco devotes his practice exclusively to helping innocent accident victims recover the full amount of compensation they deserve for the injuries and losses they sustained as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
A top-rated trial advocate with more than 30 years of legal experience, Mr. Marasco has achieved unprecedented success fighting on behalf of the rights and entitlements of his plaintiff clients who have personal injury and wrongful death claims resulting from motor vehicle accidents, defective products, unsafe property conditions, medical malpractice and other preventable tragedies. He also has extensive experience helping injured and disabled workers with their workers' compensation and Social Security Disability claims.
A Rhode Island native, Mr. Marasco graduated from the University of Rhode Island in 1986. He then attended Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1991 and received recognition for his excellent academic achievements, impeccable professional ethics and outstanding trial advocacy skills. He received his license to practice from the Rhode Island Bar Association in 1991, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Marasco has recovered millions of dollars in settlements on behalf of his plaintiff clients, earning his membership into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and solidifying his reputation as one of the most successful personal injury attorneys in the region. A consummate professional, he is highly involved with his legal community, as evidenced by his memberships in and contributions to numerous local, state and national professional legal organizations.
He is a sustaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives and founder of the Rhode Island Bar Association Social Security Disability Committee. He also serves on the board of governors for the Rhode Island Association for Justice, among his other professional affiliations.
Mr. Marasco holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* rating, and he has received numerous other awards and honors for his professionalism and service, including recognition from The National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the country.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Medical malpractice
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1991, Rhode Island
Professional Webpage: https://www.m-n-law.com/our-firm/joseph-marasco/
- United States District Court
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Sustaining Member, National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
- Rhode Island
- Board of Governors and Member, Rhode Island Association for Justice
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association Medical Legal Committee
- President-elect of the Rhode Island Association for Justice
- Member of the Board of Governors, Rhode Island Association for Justice, 2010
- Co-Founder, Rhode Island Bar Association's Social Security Disability Committee, 2004
- Founding Member, Responsible and Ethical Personal Injury Lawyers Association
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Named to the prestigious Thomson Reuters list of Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- Distinction as President of the Student Senate/Student Body, University of Rhode Island, 1986
- 4.4/5 Peer Rating from LexisNexis for work in the legal field, BV Rating - Distinguished, LexisNexis
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- NBI (National Business Institute) Lecturer
- Presented lecture at the Brain Injury Association of Rhode Island's annual conference., Presenter, Social Security Disability For Brain Injury Patients and Overview, Brain Injury Association Of Rhode Island, 2012
- Coach, Narragansett Little League
- Member, Narragansett Lions Club
- Co-Founder of Marasco & Nesselbush Charitable Foundation, 2011
- Active with Providence In Town Churches Association
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Rhode Island, 1986
- $6,200,000 awarded to a client who sustained serious injuries in a rollover crash caused by a distracted driver., 2020
- $5,100,000 awarded for the estate of a woman who passed as a result of surgical negligence., 2020
- Confidential Settlement on behalf of family of young woman who died due to anesthesia errors
- Precedent-setting medical malpractice verdict resulting in $819,000 award to parents of infant who died after being misdiagnosed and discharged by hospital emergency department physician
- $1.3 million settlement for client who lost son due to a physician's failure to follow effective protocol in the emergency room.
- $925,000 recovery for automobile accident victim who sustained serious fractures to pelvis and leg
- $1.425 million wrongful death award won for family of adolescent automobile accident victim
- $975,000 total recovery obtained from bar and drunk driver for family of injured adolescent.
- $500,000 (insurance policy limit) obtained for wrongful death claim on behalf of man killed in an automobile accident.
Office location for Joseph P. Marasco
685 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
Find me online
- New blog > https://t.co/61Owtesal2 Join our legal team on June 10 in the Katie DeCubellis road race to raise awaren… https://t.co/hz2GOSxbDd
- Our latest blog is up: https://t.co/iAUCbtHVtc This Saturday Marasco & Nesselbush will be lacing up our running sho… https://t.co/6h95m9hlir
- Marasco & Nesselbush Now Representing Victims of Dr. Rosenberg and Insys Therapeutics -> IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT for… https://t.co/Zww3Kbe4ds