Mark S. Mandell
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Providence, RI
Mark S. Mandell, senior partner in the Providence, RI law firm of Mandell, Boisclair&Mandell Ltd., obtained his law degree in 1974 from Georgetown University Law Center. He is Triple Board Certified as a trial lawyer. He is admitted to practice before the Rhode Island Supreme Court, U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island, and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is a former President of both the Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association (1988-1990) and the Rhode Island Bar Association (1993-1994). Mr. Mandell is a past President of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (1998-1999).Mr Mandell has been elected to the prestigious Inner Circle of Advocates. This is an invitation only group limited to no more than 100 lawyers in the entire United States.Mark has written 2 books-Case Framing and Advanced Case Framing. Mark has more verdicts of $1,000,000 and of $10,000,000. or more than any other lawyer in Rhode Island history.
Mandell, Boisclair&Mandell Ltd. has dedicated their practice to helping those who have suffered from medical malpractice, birth injury, drunk driving accident claims, and other serious personal injury claims. .
Certificates and Credentials
- Top 10: 2022 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2021 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2020 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2019 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2018 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2017 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2016 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2015 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2014 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2013 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2012 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2011 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2010 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2010 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2009 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2009 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2008 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2008 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2007 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2007 Rhode Island Super Lawyers
About Mark S. Mandell
First Admitted: 1974, Rhode Island
Professional Webpage: https://www.mbmjustice.com/lawyers-and-staff/mark-mandell/
- Mark Mandell has obtained many million dollar trial verdicts and settlements for his clients including recently receiving the highest verdict ever received in Washington County, Rhode Island for his latest victory in a dram shop case in the amount of $15,246,000.00.Mr.Mandell has three trial reuts of over $10,000,000 with a settlement of over $176,000,000.
- Attorney Mandell has also lectured on Medical/Academic topics at well respected establishments such as Brown University Medical School, Harvard Medical School, Women and Infants Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island, The Massachusetts Anesthesia Council on Education/Massachusetts Society of Anesthesiologists, Rhode Island Hospital, The Miriam Hospital, and State of Rhode Island, Department of Health. PUBLISHED WORKS: Creative Discovery in Products Liability Cases, January, 2004; Persuasion, November, 2001; Overcoming Jury Bias - Is There An Answer, July, 2000; Permissible and Impermissible Arguments on Damages, December, 1997; Opening Statements-Good Beginnings-Contributor, March, 1996; Opening Statements, February, 1996; Attorney's Guide to Medical Records-Book Review, December, 1991; Legal Considerations for Obstetrical Anesthesia-Chapter, December, 1991; Working with Biomechanical Engineers to Prove Causation, November, 1991; Trying a Malignant Melanoma Case, September, 1991; Proving Damages in a Brain Injured Child Case, July, 1990; Legal Principles and Practice in ObGyn Vol. II., June, 1990; Legal Principles and Practice in ObGyn Vol. I., June, 1990; Preparing Plaintiffs for Deposition, February, 1990; Voir Dire, May, 1990; Obstetrical Negligence, June, 1989; The Value of Chance The Evolution and Direction of Chance, August, 1986; Medicolegal Problems and Responsibilities, May, 1985; Professional Liability-Implication of Medical Malpractice, June, 1984; Direct and Cross Examination of Lay Plaintiff and Defendant, March, 1984.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Attorney Mark Mandell has been appointed to the Board of Trustees of the Roger Williams School of Law - November 2008; For the third consecutive year, Mark Mandell has been voted by his peers to be one of the top ten lawyers in Rhode Island. This according Super Lawyers magazine who additionally noted that Attorney Mandell collected the third highest vote tally for this recognition.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Attorney Mark Mandell is also an active member of the community as he was formerly on the Board of Directors of The Miriam Hospital, Board of Directors of the Jewish Federation of Rhode Island, Board of Directors of the Urban League of Rhode Island, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Holocaust Memorial Committee of Rhode Island, President of the Jewish Community Center of Rhode Island, member of the Executive-Finance Committee of The Wheeler School, Chairman of the Education Committee of The Wheeler School, the Board of Trustees of the Wheeler School and currently the Advisory Board of the Roger Williams University School of Law.
- Mark Mandell has won many awards that include: 2003 - “Harry M. Philo Award” in 2003 from the Association of Trial Lawyers of America; 1999 - “Lawyer of the Year Award” from the Melvin Belli National Society; 1998 - “Citizen of the Year Award” from the Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association; 1987 - “Rhode Island Jewish Citizen of the Year Award” from the Jewish Community Center of Rhode Island; 1984 - “Merrill L. Hassenfeld Leadership in Community Service Award” from the Jewish Federation of Rhode Island.
- Mark Mandell focuses his practice on catastrophic personal injury cases, wrongful death cases, liquor liability cases, medical negligence cases, nursing home cases and business litigation.
- Attorney Mark Mandell is a member of the Panel of Brief Reviewers for the National Board of Trial Advocacy, a Fellow of the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers, a member of the American Law Institute, and a member of the American Judicature Society. Mandell has also attained bar membership in United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island and in the States of Rhode Island and Alabama. Mark Mandell has served as President of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Roscoe Pound Institute of Civil Justice, the Rhode Island Bar Association and the Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association. Mandell has chaired the Board of Bar Examiners for the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island and is currently the immediate Past President-Elect of the National Crime Victims Bar Association. He not only has served these presidential roles but has served many intermediary positions in these prestigious groups. Attorney Mandell is a current member of the Rhode Island Supreme Court Ethics Advisory Panel and has also served on the Governor’s Advisory Commission on Judicial Appointments, the Rhode Island Supreme Court Commission on the Future of Rhode Island Judicial System, the Rhode Island Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline, and the Governor’s Council on Mental Health. He is currently a member of the Alabama Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association and the Rhode Island Bar Association. Mark has written 22 articles in well known journals and has lectured many hundreds of times to Trial Lawyers Associations, state and national, in 38 different states and internationally. Attorney Mandell is currently listed in the publication "The Best Lawyers in America".
- Mark is certified for his expertise in civil trials by two national organizations. He is a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification. Attorney Mandell is also nationally recognized and Board Certified as an expert in medical negligence litigation by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys. Double board certification nationally is rare for trial lawyers. Both certifications require trial experience and passing a national certification examination.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022