Meghan C. Barry
Top Rated Creditor Debtor Rights Attorney in Providence, RI
Meghan C. Barry is an associate attorney at Strauss, Factor, Laing & Lyons in Providence, Rhode Island. Ms. Barry primarily focuses her practice on creditor and debtor rights and also handles product liability defense and business litigation cases, serving clients throughout the Providence metropolitan area.
Ms. Barry has several years of experience litigating matters involving automobile accident claims, contract claims, products liability and sexual harassment defense. Over the course of her career, she has argued cases at multiple courts, including the Supreme Court of Rhode Island. She holds licenses to practice law before all Rhode Island and Massachusetts state courts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island.
A highly active member of her legal community, Ms. Barry is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association and a former speaker on legal topics at bar association events. She spent three years serving on the association’s nominating committee and is the chairperson of the U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island’s Federal-Court Bench Bar Committee.
Ms. Barry is a cum laude graduate of Connecticut College in New London, Connecticut, where she earned a bachelor’s degree. She spent two semesters on the Dean’s high honors list and four semesters on the Dean’s honors list. Following the completion of her undergraduate studies, Ms. Barry went on to earn her law degree from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts. She was a cum laude graduate and the recipient of several awards for her scholastic achievements. She participated in the school’s legal practice skills program and appellate advocacy competition.
About Meghan C. Barry
First Admitted: 2010, Rhode Island
Professional Webpage: https://www.sfandllaw.com/attorney/barry-meghan-c/
- Moderated Panel Discussion, “Trying Civil Cases in District Court,” at the Rhode Island Bar Association’s Annual Meeting, 2018
- Massachusetts, 2010
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island, 2011
- Rhode Island Bar Association Nominating Committee, 2016-2018, 2018
- Rhode Island, 2010
- District Court Bench Bar Committee Chairperson, 2017 through present, 2020
- Connecticut College, B.A., cum laude, Dean's High Honors Two Semesters, Dean's Honors Four Semesters, 2007
- Suffolk University Law School, Legal Practice Skills Program, 2008
- Suffolk University Law School, 2009 Tom C. Clark Appellate Advocacy Competition, 2009; Quarter-Finalist
- Suffolk University Law School, Dean's List 2007 - 2010
- Suffolk University Law School, First Year, Honorable Mention Oral Advocate Award
Other Outstanding Achievements
- CACH LLC v. Potter, 154 A.3d 939 (R.I. 2017), successfully argued for plaintiff., 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022