William R. Landry
Top Rated Land Use & Zoning Attorney in Providence, RI
William R. Landry is a partner at Blish & Cavanagh, LLP, and represents clients from Rhode Island and Massachusetts. For almost four decades, he has built a practice founded on experience in health insurance law, health care, litigation, environmental law, land use, real estate litigation and commercial law.
Admitted to practice in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Mr. Landry is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit and the United States District Court for the Districts of Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly named him a Lawyer of the Year, and he has been included in the Best Lawyers in America list.
Mr. Landry is actively involved in many professional organizations. These include the American Arbitration Association, the News and Bar Journal of the Rhode Island Bar Association, the Thomas More Society of Rhode Island, the Rhode Island Bar Association, the Rhode Island Builders Association and the Rhode Island Association for Justice. He is also AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
In 1980, Mr. Landry graduated summa cum laude from the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth with a Bachelor of Arts degree. He then moved on to law school at Boston University School of Law, from which he graduated cum laude with his Juris Doctor degree.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About William R. Landry
First Admitted: 1980, Rhode Island
Professional Webpage: https://www.blishcavlaw.com/attorney/william-r-landry/
- Rhode Island Super Lawyer
- Lawyer of the Year, Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly
- Best Lawyers In America
- New England Super Lawyer
- University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, Massachusetts, B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Honors: summa cum laude - 1980
- Rhode Island, 1980
- America Arbitration Association, Panel of Arbitrators
- Rhode Island Bar Journal, Editorial Board, Superior Court Bench/Bar Committee and Environmental Law Committee
- St. Thomas More Society of Rhode Island, Member
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Builders Association, Land Use Counsel
- American Arbitration Association
- Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island, 1982
- Massachusetts, 1980
Last Updated: 5/15/2022