Ronald A. Maxwell
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Aiken, South CarolinaMaxwell Law Firm
Ronald A. Maxwell is a personal injury and estate planning attorney at the Maxwell Law Firm P.C. in Aiken, South Carolina. Mr. Maxwell has over 45 years of legal experience handling cases involving issues such as catastrophic injury, automobile accidents, dog bites, slip-and-fall accidents and workers’ compensation. He has office locations in Aiken and North Augusta, and is committed to providing convenient service to his clients, making home or hospital visits when necessary.
Mr. Maxwell has held many leadership positions within his legal community and served as president of the organizations Injured Workers’ Advocates and the South Carolina Association for Justice. An active contributor to his local community, he has served in positions with the Aiken City Council, the American Cancer Society, the North Augusta Chamber of Commerce and the United Way of Aiken County.
In honor of his successful career, Best Lawyers has recognized Mr. Maxwell for multiple years. Additionally, he is the recipient of the Matthew J. Perry Public Service Award from the South Carolina Association for Justice and holds an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest rating available from the organization.
Mr. Maxwell graduated from the University of South Carolina with a bachelor’s degree. He went on to receive his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law, clerking for a federal judge before entering private practice. He is qualified to appear before all South Carolina state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 1976, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.maxwelllawfirm.com/firm
- University of South Carolina in 1973
- USC Aiken Partnership
- Cedar Creek Church in Aiken, Home Group Leader
- North Augusta Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Board
- United Way of Aiken County, Professional Division, Chair
- Cedar Creek Church in Aiken, Deacon
- Hitchcock Rehabilitation Center, Board of Directors, Chairman
- United Way of Aiken County, Board Member
- Cedar Creek Church in Aiken, Member
- American Cancer Society, Aiken Chapter, President
- South Carolina Baptist Convention, Board Member
- Best Lawyers of America, Personal Injury Law
- Super Lawyer
- Injured Workers Advocates, Past President
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
Office location for Ronald A. Maxwell
225 Chesterfield St NW
PO Box 1115
Aiken, SC 29802
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2014, 2017 - 2024