J. Scott Bischoff, II
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Charleston, SC
Selected to Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020
Attorney J. Scott Bischoff, II, is a partner at Adams & Bischoff, P.C., in Charleston, South Carolina. Mr. Bischoff devotes his practice primarily to criminal defense, representing clients in Charleston and throughout the low country. A portion of his practice is also devoted to professional licensing and personal injury.
Mr. Bischoff has more than 10 years of experience litigating criminal defense matters, including misdemeanors, felonies and DUIs. Before co-founding Adams & Bischoff, P.C., he spent three years as a public defender and practiced criminal defense with a highly regarded law firm in Charleston.
In recognition of his accomplishments as an attorney, Mr. Bischoff is AV Preeminent* peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell. The South Carolina Bar has recognized him with various awards and the Charleston Regional Business Journal named him one of the “Forty under 40” in 2018.
Outside of the office, Mr. Bischoff is active in the South Carolina Bar, serving in various divisions over the years. He also belongs to the Charleston County Bar Association, The South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National College for DUI Defense, the DUI Defense Lawyers Association, and the James L. Petigru American Inn of Court.
Passionate about giving back to his local community, Mr. Bischoff volunteers with Special Olympics South Carolina and serves on the board of directors. He is a member of the Charleston Homeless Court Implementation Committee and speaks regularly on criminal defense and trial advocacy at Charleston School of Law.
Mr. Bischoff earned a bachelor’s degree in biology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and received his law degree from Charleston School of Law. He is also a graduate of the National Criminal Defense College.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Professional Malpractice - Other
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020
About J. Scott Bischoff, II
First Admitted: 2008, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://adamsbischoff.com/scott-bischoff/
- 2016 South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division President’s Award, 2016 - 2017
- AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2018 Class of Charleston Regional Business Journal’s Forty under 40
- Pro Bono Service distinction, Charleston School of Law
- 2018 Member of the Charleston Regional Business Journal's "Forty under 40"
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017 and 2018
- “Star of the Quarter”, SC Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2014-2015
- Member of the Moot Court Board and won the Founders’ Upperclass Moot Court Competition, Charleston School of Law
- 2016 South Carolina Bar Association's Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year., South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, 2016
Pro bono/Community Service
- South Carolina Special Olympics, Board of Directors, Member, 2017 – present
- Charleston Homeless Court Implementation Committee, Member
- "Bowling Buddies," a SC Bar YLD event held every year in Charleston for SC Special Olympics athletes, Co-Founder
- 180 Place
- Special Olympics Committee for the SC Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Co-Coordinator, 2016-2017
- Charleston School of Law Alumni Association, Member, 2013-2016
- Charleston School of Law, Guest Lecturer
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S., Major: Biology, 2003
- United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, Admitted to Practice, 2019
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2019
- James L. Petigru Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Vice President, 2017 – Present
- South Carolina Bar Leadership Academy Class of 2018, South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- National College of DUI Defense
- James L. Petigru Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Secretary, 2015 - 2017
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Charleston County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of SC, 2011
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- South Carolina Bar, 2008
Last Updated: 5/15/2022