Kevin W. Mims
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Charleston, SC
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014, 2016
In South Carolina, Kevin W. Mims is founding equity partner of Luzuriaga Mims, LLP, and has over a decade of litigation experience. During his career, Mr. Mims has represented owners, subcontractors, developers and general contractors. He handles cases of products liability, construction and commercial litigation, general civil litigation, eminent domain/condemnation, trucking litigation, premises liability, longshore defense, insurance coverage/bad faith litigation, Defense Base Act defense, South Carolina workers’ compensation defense and alternative dispute resolution.
In 2001, Mr. Mims graduated The University of South Carolina School of Law with a Juris Doctor. Before attending law school, he graduated cum laude with his undergraduate degree from The University of South Carolina. The South Carolina Supreme Court has certified Mr. Mims as a Circuit Court Mediator, and he has the ideal skill set to mediate everything from commercial litigation to complex construction cases.
Mr. Mims is a member of the American Bar Association, the Charleston County Bar Association, the Construction Law and Tort & Insurance Practice sections of the South Carolina Bar, the Defense Research Institute, the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association, the Maritime Association of South Carolina and the South Carolina Self-Insurers Association, Inc.
For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, Mr. Mims holds the highest peer review rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. He was previously on the committee for professional development of the Young Lawyers Division of the South Carolina Bar, serving as the 9th Circuit representative. His focus is on securing cost-effective, efficient resolutions of suits and claims, while protecting the best interests of his clients.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 30%Construction Litigation: Business
- 30%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 10%Eminent Domain
- 10%Insurance Coverage
Construction Defects, Personal Injury - Defense, Insurance Defense
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2014, 2016
About Kevin W. Mims
First Admitted: 2001, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.lmlawllp.com/kevin-mims.php
- South Carolina Bar Association, Tort & Insurance Practice Section and Construction Law Section
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), 2015
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- South Carolina Maritime Association
- American Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- AV Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to the South Carolina Rising Stars List, 2014, 2016
- Certified as a Circuit Court Mediator by the South Carolina Supreme Court
- The University of South Carolina, cum laude, 1998
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001
- We are proud to announce that pur own Elizabeth Luzuriaga has been named to the Board of Directors of the... https://t.co/ieqEqG9WPp
- Luzuriaga Mims, LLP has once again been named a "Tier 1" law firm in the Charleston Metro Area for Worker's... https://t.co/nxqhuC63NO
- Congratulations to Elizabeth Luzuriaga for being selected to the "10 Best" Workers' Compensation Attorneys for... https://t.co/wjMGgdWth9
- We are pleased to announce that our own Elizabeth Luzuriaga has once again been selected by her peers for... https://t.co/fOGPq3GyoJ
Last Updated: 5/15/2022