Malcolm M. Crosland, Jr.
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Charleston, SC
- Free Consultation
Malcolm Crosland has been in practice for 34 years, and that’s no surprise. He comes from a family of lawyers — his father and grandfather were lawyers, so carrying on the family tradition was a natural path for him to take. You could almost call it predestined. He handles personal injury cases, including auto and truck accidents, nursing home abuse, medical malpractice, brain injuries, slip-and-fall cases, drug recalls, and wrongful death suits.
Known for his honesty, compassion, integrity, and zealous pursuit of justice, Malcolm appreciates his clients and considers them family. When it comes to handling personal injury cases, he understands how an accident or the death of a loved one can affect an entire family. Nowadays, he applies his career-long experience and insights to working on behalf of first responders and healthcare providers whose livelihoods, medical status, and finances have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. He represents his clients in state and federal courts, the South Carolina Worker's Compensation Commission, and the U.S. Department of Labor, and is responsible for numerous published appellate decisions in both state and federal courts.
Malcolm attended the University of South Carolina for his undergraduate work and its School of Law for his legal training. “I was drawn to the Steinberg Law Firm’s reputation for representing injured workers and their families,” he said of his decision to join the firm immediately after graduating from law school in 1986.
Recognized year after year by Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers, Malcolm also holds an A/V (the highest level) rating with Martindale-Hubbell for his professional and ethical standards. He has received recognition in Best Lawyers in South Carolina every year since 2009.
Malcolm is passionate about giving back to the community and has served on both charitable boards and law-related committees. He has served on the board of directors of the Brain Injury Association of South Carolina and of Lowcountry AIDS Services; is the former president of the Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic; and currently is president of Workers Injury Law and Advocacy, a national organization whose mission is to protect the rights of working people.
Malcolm grew up the village of Mount Pleasant, just a few blocks from Charleston’s harbor. When he isn’t working on behalf of his law clients or community, he enjoys traveling, spending time with his family, reading, fishing the waters around Charleston, surfing, cooking, or playing golf.
About Malcolm M. Crosland, Jr.
First Admitted: 1987, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.steinberglawfirm.com/attorneys/malcolm-crosland.a...
- University of South Carolina, 1982
Other Outstanding Achievements
- President, Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group, 2020
- Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. For more than three decades, Best Lawyers lists have earned the respect of the profession, the media, and the public, as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere. Malcom has been recognized in Best Lawyers for 12 consecutive years (2009-2020)., Best Lawyers in America, Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants (2011-2020) and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs (2017-2020), Best Lawyers, 2020
- , 2022 AV Preeminent Rating-Judicial Edition, Martindale-Hubbell, 2022
- , Elite Lawyer, Elite Lawyer, 2021
- Each year, Super Lawyers releases a list of the most skilled and well-respected attorneys in each state. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Malcom has won the recognition of SuperLawyers for consecutive years., Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2020
- The Leadership in Law Awards honor select South Carolina legal professionals who have achieved great success in their practice.The Leadership in Law Awards honor legal professionals in South Carolina who have been recognized for going above and beyond in their profession and in their community. Honorees are nominated by their peers and then selected by a panel of leaders based on professional and personal accomplishment and their community involvement. Each year, legal publication South Carolina Lawyers Weekly hosts an award ceremony to recognize all South Carolina Leadership in Law honorees. This year, the event will be held on Friday, March 24th at the Francis Marion Hotel in downtown Charleston, SC at 7:00 PM. According to the SC Lawyers Weekly website, “the event will recognize attorneys from across the Palmetto State who have achieved success in their law practice, made contributions to society, and had an impact on the legal profession.” Additionally, one of the honorees will be selected as “Lawyer of the Year” and revealed the night of the event. Nominated attorneys come from many different legal disciplines and practice areas, and the 2017 Class of Honorees includes 30 attorneys from law firms across the state., South Carolina Leadership in Law Honoree, Leadership in Law, 2019
- Steinberg Law Firm is pleased to announce that our own Malcolm Crosland has been elected the new President-Elect of the Workers’ Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG). WILG’s membership has over one thousand members and is the only national organization of workers compensation attorneys who exclusively represent injured workers. Founded in 1995, WILG helps men and women who have been hurt at work and need legal representation to get the worker’s compensation benefits to which they are entitled. Through advocacy and work in both Washington, D.C. and communities around the country, WILG is dedicated to protecting the rights of working Americans., Named President-Elect of Workers’ Law and Advocacy Group (WILG), Workers’ Law and Advocacy Group (WILG), 2019
- WILG is a national organization of lawyers who exclusively represent injured workers who have workers’ compensation claims., President’s Award, Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG), 2016
- Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic serves patients living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level (in 2016, an approximate annual income of $40,000 for a household of three). In addition to primary and family medical care, the clinic also offers cost-saving generic prescription medications, free imaging services through a partnership with Roper St. Francis Hospital in Charleston and regularly scheduled specialty clinics., Board of Directors for Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic, Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic, 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022