Robert A. Bernstein
Top Rated Business & Corporate Attorney in Charleston, SC
Robert A. Bernstein is a business and commercial law attorney in Charleston, South Carolina. Mr. Bernstein is a partner at Bernstein & Bernstein, P.A. and has over 38 years of legal experience. He provides dedicated representation to clients in the Charleston and Mt. Pleasant areas.
Over the years, Mr. Bernstein has worked with a variety of legal issues, including bankruptcy, collections, creditors’ rights, and general business and corporate law matters. He is a contributing author to South Carolina Jurisprudence and regularly speaks on creditors’ rights. Recognized for his successful career, he is featured in Who’s Who in American Law.
Active in the South Carolina Bar, Mr. Bernstein serves on the Ethics Advisory Committee and the Practice and Procedure Committee. He also belongs to the Commercial Law League of America and sits on the Executive Council of the Southern Region and the Executive Council of the Creditors’ Rights Section. Additionally, he sits on the board of his local masonic lodge and is a former president of the Rotary Club of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
Mr. Bernstein graduated cum laude from the University of South Carolina. He went on to graduate with honors from the University of South Carolina School of Law. Following law school, Mr. Bernstein spent two years clerking for a judge. He then spent several years practicing with a private firm before opening Bernstein & Bernstein, P.A.
Mr. Bernstein holds licenses to practice law before all South Carolina state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for South Carolina and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
- 10%Bankruptcy: Business
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
Limited Liability Companies, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Bankruptcy Law, Non-Compete Agreements, Collections, Foreclosure
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About Robert A. Bernstein
First Admitted: 1983, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.bernsteinpa.com/attorney/bernstein-robert-a/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Mount Pleasant Rotary Club, President, 2000
- Board Member, Charleston Pro Bono, 2020
- South Carolina Jurisprudence, Contributing author
- Who's Who, American Law
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina, Honors: Graduated at the Head of his Class, Order of the Coif, Order of the Wig and Robe
- Member of Commercial Law League of America Three terms on Board of Governors of Commercial Law League of America Board Member - Creditors Rights Section; Chairman of Section Awarded President's Cup for excellence on practice of Commercial Law
- Joined South Carolina Bar; served on Professional Responsibility Committee 1985 Served as member of Board of Grievances and Discipline - 1995-2000 Served as attorney to Assist Disciplinary Counsel - 2000 - 2005 Member of Board of Solo and Small Firm Practice Section - 2018 - current Authored "Advertising" section of South Carolina Jurisprudence, 1983
- Served on Board of Charleston County Bar Association; President 2011-12
- University of South Carolina, BS in Business Administration, cum laude Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 1980
- Building Supply
- Creditor Representation
- Lien establishment and enforcement
Last Updated: 5/15/2022