Ronald L. Richter, Jr.
Top rated Professional Liability attorney in Charleston, South CarolinaBland Richter, LLP
Practice Areas: Professional Liability, Business Litigation, Estate & Trust Litigation
Licensed in South Carolina since: 1993
Education: University of South Carolina School of Law
Bland Richter, LLP18 Broad St, Ste Mezz
Charleston, SC 29401-3010 Phone: 843-573-9900 Email: Ronald L. Richter, Jr. Visit website
Ronnie Richter and Eric Bland started trying cases together in 1997 and subsequently established Bland Richter LLP with offices in both Columbia and Charleston, South Carolina. Bland Richter is a boutique litigation firm which specializes in taking complex cases and high-risk cases that other firms either can’t handle or won’t handle.
Bland Richter’s practice areas are concentrated in legal and professional malpractice. Partners, Ronnie Richter and Eric Bland, have nearly 50 years of combined legal experience. Both Mr. Richter and Mr. Bland successfully completed national board testing in legal malpractice and received recognition as diplomats in the field of Legal Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys. In addition, Bland Richter prosecutes other forms of professional malpractice, including accounting malpractice, and frequently litigates complex commercial, transactional and business disputes.
Bland Richter serves the entire State of South Carolina and beyond. In addition to its members being admitted to practice law in South Carolina, Mr. Bland is also a member of the Pennsylvania and Florida bars. Bland Richter is available for association anywhere in the Country where its services may be necessary. Both Mr. Bland and Mr. Richter are members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This organization has as its members some of the top trial lawyers in America and only admits attorneys who have obtained verdicts for their clients in excess of $2,000,000.00.
Bland Richter’s mission is to provide our clients with tenacious, single-minded, principled and timely representation with results that count. Our central philosophy is simple - we fight hard for our clients and we fight within the rules. We believe in being honest and providing candor to the Court and recognize that we cannot effectively represent any client if we do not maintain credibility and integrity in the eyes of the court. Our hard-charging style may occasionally offend the opposition, but we rarely receive complaints from our clients. An attorney for an adverse party once described litigating against Bland Richter as like "being in Fallujah every day at the start of the Iraq war." The bottom line: we fight hard for our clients, very hard, but always between the lines.
First Admitted: 1993, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.blandrichter.com/ronaldrichter.html
- Board Certified in Legal Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Board Certified in Legal Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys; Member of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association; Member of the South Carolina Association of Justice; Member of the South Carolina Bar Ethics Advisory Committee; Member of the South Carolina Bar Professional Liability Committee
- Appointed to South Carolina Bar Professional Liability Committee for the July 1, 2013 thorugh June 30, 2014 term.
- South Carolina Internal Medicine Associates and Rehabilitation, LLC - Surbjinder Guram, M.D., Managing Member Infinity Seal, LLC - Gaskets and SealsAqua Seal Manufacturing and Roofing, Inc. Brennan Associates, Inc. - Architects Ben Arnold, L.P.(a division of Charmer Sunbelt Group) Medi-Fare Drug and Home Health Center, Inc. Palmetto Paper & Specialties, Inc. d/b/a Palmetto Bingo
- Graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law - regular member of the Dean's List and graduated in the top 20% of class, 1993
- Graduate of the College of Charleston. Regular member of the Dean's and President's Lists for academic achievement and featured in such publications as "The National Dean's List Directory" and "Who's Who Among American College Students", 1990
- Bland Richter represented the Plaintiff in Frank Robertson v. Nexsen Pruet, et. al. and on March 31, 2006 after a two week trial obtained a 5.8 million dollar verdict on behalf of their client in a legal malpractice case presided over by Judge John Breeden. Bland Richter has also obtained settlements on behalf of their clients in other legal malpractice cases totalling in excess of ten million dollars over the past six years. A sampling of these cases can be viewed on the verdicts and settlement page of Bland Richter's website at www.blandrichter.com., 2006
- Certified as a Diplomat in Legal Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys and recorded the highest score to date of all attorneys., 2013
- Partners Eric Bland and Ronnie Richter discuss Bland Richter, LLP, a boutique law firm in South Carolina., Who is Bland Richter?, 2014
- Bland Richter partners Eric Bland and Ronnie Richter discuss why Bland Richter chooses to prosecute legal malpractice cases., Why Legal Malpractice?, 2014
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023