Christian E. Boesl
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Columbia, South CarolinaGoings Law Firm, LLC
Practice Areas: Workers' Compensation
Licensed in South Carolina since: 2003
Attorney Christian E. Boesl serves of counsel with Goings Law Firm, LLC, in Columbia, South Carolina. Certified as a workers' compensation specialist with more than 15 years of legal experience, Mr. Boesl devotes his practice to workers' compensation and personal injury law, and he has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those seeking their rightful compensation following a workplace accident or a preventable tragedy caused by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Prior to concentrating on plaintiff injury claims, Mr. Boesl began his legal practice working for a major insurance defense firm, where he defended the rights and interests of insurance providers, corporations, and other businesses and entities facing all types of complex tortious claims. Through this experience, he gained an invaluable understanding of the tactics insurance companies use to reduce or deny claims, which makes him more effective when devising strategies to help his clients secure the finances they deserve.
After graduating from Brigham Young University in 1999, Mr. Boesl attended the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2003. While in law school, he served as an honor council justice and was heavily involved with the school's national moot court team, earning Moot Court Champion during national competition.
Along with practicing before all state and federal courts in South Carolina, Mr. Boesl advocates for his clients before various state and national regulatory agencies, including the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission, the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce, the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. He is also a circuit court mediator, and he strives to help his clients reach agreements through negotiation whenever possible instead of having to resort to costly, time-consuming court battles.
A recognized leader in his field, Mr. Boesl has written extensively and conducted lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics related to his practice areas, and he maintains active involvement with several local, state and national professional legal organizations. He holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has received many other awards and honors as well for his professionalism and service.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant
- 100% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 2003, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.goingslawfirm.com/about/christian-e-boesl/
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator
- Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification
- Law School for Non-Lawyers: Employment Law, Midlands Technical College, October 9, 2008, Columbia, SC
- Presenter at SC Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference, October, 2006
- Legal Update, SC Association of Convenience Stores, Spring 2007 & Fall 2008
- “Police Officer Not Entitled to Workers’ Comp after Killing a Suspect,” South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Law Blog, July 2012
- Collins & Lacy Attorneys Gray Culbreath & Christian Boesl to Present to Association of Corporate Counsel on Protecting Your Business, June 23, 2011
- Collins & Lacy Attorney Christian Boesl to Speak at Primerus Webinar: “Recent Updates on Drug Testing in the Workplace”, September 14, 2011
- Collins & Lacy Attorneys Jack Griffeth, Christian Boesl and Aisha Taylor to Present at 35th Annual South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association, October 17, 2011
- Attorneys Christian Boesl and Michael Pitts to Speak at SC PRIMA 2012 March Madness Workshop, March 5, 2012
- Collins & Lacy Attorneys to Present CLE to Association of Corporate Counsel, June 7, 2012
- Collins & Lacy to Present on Social Media at the 2013 Southeastern RIMS Educational Conference, September 13, 2013
- "To Produce or Not to Produce - That is the Question," South Carolina Workers' Comp Law Blog, March 2012 "Why the Mail May Stop on July 1, 2011," Workers' Compensation Quarterly Volume 4 - Spring 2011"Workers' Compensation S.C. Supreme Court Case Reversal," South Carolina Workers' Comp Law Blog, April 27, 2011 "The Effect of Child Support Liens on Your Workers' Comp Settlement," South Carolina Workers' Comp Law Blog,April 12, 2011 "The Construction of an LLR Immigration Audit," South Carolina HBA's South Carolina Builder Journal, 2010, Co-Author "New Immigration Act for S.C. Employers: What Are The Requirements and Is The Act Constitutional?, " South Carolina Lawyer, November 2008, Co-Author Law School for Non-Lawyers: Employment Law,Midlands Technical College, October 9, 2008, Columbia, SC Legal Update, SC Association of Convenience Stores, Spring 2007 & Fall 2008 "A New Landscape for Adverse Employment Actions," For the Defense, October 2006 Presenter at SC Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference, October, 2006
- “Navigating the Rules of Unpaid Internships,” South Carolina Employment Law Alerts, July 2012
- “Employee Misconduct Equals Missed Benefits,” South Carolina Employment Law Alerts, August 2012
- “Worth Watching in 2013: Bentley Decision leads to Workers’ Comp Reform Bill H.3147,” South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Law Blog, January 2013
- Member, Richland County Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- Member, South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ AssociationSociety of Human Resource Management Defense Research Institute - Employment Committee South Carolina BarRichland County Bar Brigham Young University National Alumni Association – Columbia Chapter Co-Chair (2006 – 2008)International Society of Primerus Law Firms - Employment Law Committee
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyer's List
- Brigham Young Univeristy, B.A. History, 1999
Office location for Christian E. Boesl
1510 Calhoun Street
Columbia, SC 29201
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013