Jonathan M. Harvey
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Columbia, South CarolinaLaw Office of Jonathan M. Harvey
Jonathan M. Harvey’s practice has a primary emphasis on Criminal Defense. He represents clients throughout the state who are facing state and federal charges consisting of but not limited to felony driving under the influence, assault and battery, drug possession and distribution, drug trafficking, sexual assault, computer pornography charges, murder, white collar crimes, mail fraud and other offenses. In private practice since 1986, Mr. Harvey also handles civil litigation related to his primary practice area, as well as administrative hearings.
After receiving a Bachelor of Arts (with honors-Cum Laude) in 1977 from the University of Georgia, Mr. Harvey attended the University of South Carolina School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1981. Prior to founding the Law Office of Jonathan M. Harvey, he served as an Assistant Solicitor with the 5th Judicial Circuit Solicitor's Office and then as an Assistant Attorney General with the South Carolina Attorney General's Office. This experience that has given him an invaluable perspective in his criminal defense practice. Admitted to practice in South Carolina, Mr. Harvey is also admitted to appear before the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
Mr. Harvey actively participates in a number of professional organizations. He is a member of the South Carolina Bar, the Richland County Bar Association, the South Carolina Association for Justice, the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He was also an officer of the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers from 1997-2015. He was the secretary/treasurer of the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers from 2002-2015. Mr. Harvey also served as a commissioner on the East Richland County Public Service District from 1990-2000. He is also a past member of the Richland County School District Two Foundation and currently is serving on the board of The River Alliance.
Practice areasCriminal defense
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Criminal domestic violence
- 100% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1981, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.jonathanmharveyattorney.com/Attorneys/Jonathan-M-...
- Richland County Representative - Board of Directors, The River Alliance The River Alliance is a multi jurisdictional entity that manages collaboration amongst various stake holders for conservation and recreational projects related to the three major rivers in the Midlands area of South Carolina.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1992
- Member, South Carolina Bar
- Secretary-Treasurer, South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2002 - 2015
- Assistant Attorney General, South Carolina Attorney General's Office, 1983 - 1986
- Member, Richland County School District Two Foundation, 2000 - 2003
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1982
- Member, Richland County Bar Association
- Board Member, South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 1997 - 2001
- Assistant Solicitor, Fifth Judicial Circuit, 1982 - 1983
- Vice Chairman of Board of Commissioners, East Richland County Public Service District, 1998 - 2000
- South Carolina, 1981
- Member, South Carolina Association for Justice
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Commissioner, East Richland County Public Service District, 1990 - 2000
- Chairman, Richland County School District Two Foundation, 2002 - 2003
- Super Lawyers, 2013 - 2016
- University of Georgia, B.A., 1977, Cum Laude
Office location for Jonathan M. Harvey
1701 Richland Street
Columbia, SC 29201
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023