Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Columbia, South CarolinaStrom Law Firm, L.L.C.
Attorney Pete Strom is the founder and managing partner of Strom Law Firm, L.L.C., in Columbia, South Carolina. A nationally ranked trial attorney with more than 36 years of total legal experience, Mr. Strom represents the rights and interests of clients throughout the greater Columbia metro and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Criminal defense for DUI, drug crimes, white collar crimes, criminal domestic violence, juvenile crimes, and other felonies and misdemeanors
· State and federal investigations
· Civil litigation and class actions involving personal injury, qui tam claims, defective products, nursing home neglect and professional licensing defense
Early in his legal career, Mr. Strom served as assistant solicitor with the Fifth Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office, where he prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases, including one of South Carolina's largest ever heroin trafficking cases. He then served as U.S. attorney for the District of South Carolina, where he established the state's Violent Crimes Task Force that became a model for other such task forces throughout the country.
During this time, he also served on a number of committees with the U.S. Department of Justice, where he helped spur changes in the laws that govern organized crime, white collar crimes and sentencing guidelines, and he completed the intensive Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government at Harvard University.
After deciding to enter private practice and devote his time and efforts to defending the rights and interests of others, Mr. Strom founded his law firm in 1996, and since that time, he has achieved a long record of securing favorable outcomes for his clients dealing with both serious criminal and civil matters. His past experience as a prosecutor only bolsters his ability to devise the most effective defense strategies possible for the accused, and he has earned numerous awards and honors for his outstanding professionalism and service.
Among his most notable accolades, Mr. Strom holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and The National Trial Lawyers named him among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers for criminal defense in the country. He also received designation from the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys as one of South Carolina's Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys, and he accepted an invitation as fellow with the prestigious Litigation Counsel of America Trial Lawyer Honorary Society.
A 1981 graduate of the University of South Carolina, Mr. Strom returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1984. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and he holds pro hac vice admission to practice before U.S. District Courts in various states throughout the nation.
A consummate professional, Mr. Strom is also an active member of many local, state and national legal organizations, including The South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Crime Victim Bar Association, and the South Carolina and American Associations for Justice, among others.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Criminal Defense, Business Litigation, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Animal Bites, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault, Assault & Battery, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Dram Shop Laws, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Non-Compete Agreements, Parole, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Tax Evasion, Theft, Trade Secret, Traffic Violations, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30% Criminal Defense
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 1984, South Carolina
- University of South Carolina B.A. 1981
- One the Top 100 Trial Lawyers for Criminal Defense by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- AV Peer Review Rated from Martindale-Hubbell
- Named by the NACDA one of the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys in the state of South Carolina
- Board Member, USC/Columbia Technology Incubator
- Past President, South Carolina Association for Justice
- Board Member, South Carolina Appleseed Legal Justice Center
- Member, Board of Governors for the American Association for Justice
- Member, South Carolina Judicial Merit Selection Commission
- Richland County Bar Association
- The Northern District of Florida, The Southern District of Florida, The Middle District of North Carolina, The District of Connecticut, The District of New Jersey, The Southern District of Iowa, The Southern District of California, The Central District of California, and, The Northern District of California.
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1986
- Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1986
- South Carolina Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- South Carolina Bar, 1984
- South Carolina Bar Association
- National Association of Former United States Attorneys
- South Carolina Association for Justice
Office location for Pete Strom
6923 N Trenholm Rd.
Columbia, SC 29206
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2024