L. Morgan Martin
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Conway, SC
Founder of The Law Offices of L. Morgan Martin, P.A., L. Morgan Martin has spent more than three decades representing people in Conway, South Carolina, and throughout the Myrtle Beach metropolitan area in matters that include criminal defense, business litigation, personal injury and property condemnation.
Mr. Martin graduated with his undergraduate degree from Francis Marion University and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in Columbia, South Carolina. An indication of his high ethical standards, legal knowledge and commitment to clients, Mr. Martin is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated, the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
Professional associations in which Mr. Martin has held memberships and leadership positions include the American Board of Criminal Lawyers, the American Association for Justice, the South Carolina Association for Justice, the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
During his time as a legislator in the state government, Mr. Martin served on the South Carolina Legislature Criminal Law Committee and the South Carolina Sentencing Guidelines Commission. He has also served as chairman of the South Carolina Department of Transportation Commission.
Mr. Martin's skills and knowledge of the system are evident through his many successes in resolving legal disputes and defending the freedoms and futures of his clients. Results include multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements as well as acquittals in high-profile criminal cases.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Criminal Defense
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Business Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
About L. Morgan Martin
First Admitted: 1978, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.lmorganmartin.com/attorney/l-m-martin/
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- South Carolina Department of Transportation, Former Chairman
- The South Carolina Legislature Commission on Sentencing Guidelines, Former Chairman
- The South Carolina Legislature Criminal Law Committee, Former Chairman
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- American Board of Criminal Lawyer's Association, Member
- South Carolina, 1978
- , The American Trial lawyers Association of Top 100 Lawyers, Member
- , Super Lawyers
- , Martindale Hubbell Highest “AV” Rating
- Francis Marion University, B.S., 1975
Last Updated: 9/29/2021