T. Dyllan Rankin
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Conway, South CarolinaDerrick Law Firm Injury Lawyers, PC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Civil Litigation
Licensed in South Carolina since: 2009
Education: Charleston School of Law
Dyllan is passionate about helping clients navigate our complex, competitive legal system. His practice is dedicated to building the most effective and compelling evidence supporting a client’s loss and fiercely advocating for fair and just compensation. Prior to joining The Derrick Law Firm, Dyllan was the managing attorney at a Charleston-based firm where he represented individuals and businesses and tried cases in courts of various jurisdiction throughout the state. Having developed multiple practice areas, Dyllan brings over a decade of broad litigation experience that lends itself to finding creative solutions for complex problems. Over time, Dyllan has gravitated to cases where he has the opportunity to help individuals who have experienced serious loss and catastrophic injuries, primarily involving premises liability, wrongful death, automobile accidents, and general negligence.
As an active member of the S.C. Bar Young Lawyers Division, Dyllan was recognized as a Star of the Quarter in 2014, 2015, and 2016. Dyllan was selected in 2017 to become a member of the South Carolina Bar Leadership Academy. In 2017, 2018, and 2019, Dyllan was selected to the list of South Carolina rising stars. Dyllan is a former adjunct professor at the Charleston School of Law where he taught Legal Research Analysis & Writing to first year law students. Dyllan is a member of the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the South Carolina Bar Association, the South Carolina Association for Justice, and the Charleston County Bar Association.
In 2017, Dyllan was appointed by Charleston County Council to serve on the Board of Trustees for the Charleston County Public Library system. During his tenure at CCPL, the library system has undertaken the construction of five new branches and the renovation of thirteen existing branches under a $108 million bond referendum with overwhelming support from the community. Dyllan also serves on the Board of Directors for Father to Father, Inc., an organization whose mission is to help fathers in the South Carolina Lowcountry be a positive and consistent presence in their children’s lives. Dyllan is also a member of the Charleston Preservation Society and the recipient of a 2020 Carolopolis Award for historic restoration, an award created in 1953 to recognize extraordinary efforts to maintain the historic character and authenticity of Charleston and the Lowcountry.
Born and raised in Statesville, North Carolina, Dyllan earned his undergraduate degree from Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia and his law degree at the Charleston School of Law. Dyllan lives Charleston with his wife and two children.
First Admitted: 2009, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.derricklawfirm.com/bio/personal-injury-attorney-...
- Washington and Lee University, BA
- Charleston School of Law, JD
- Father to Father Project, volunteer
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- Star of the Quarter, South Carolina Bar, Young Lawyers Division, 2015
- Star of the Quarter, South Carolina Bar, Young Lawyers Division, 2016
- Leadership Academy Member, South Carolina Bar, 2017
- Attorney at The Derrick Law Firm, 2020
- Adjunct Professor at Charleston School of Law, 2014
- Attorney at The Rankin Law Firm, 2011
- Associate and Law Clerk at The Peper Law Firm, P.A., 2007
- South Carolina Bar Association, member
- Charleston County Bar Association, member
- South Carolina Association for Justice, member
- Charleston School of Law Alumni Association Board, member
- Charleston County Public Library Board of Trustees, member
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2019