Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Goose Creek, SC
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018
- Free Consultation
Michael J. Jordan has dedicated his career to ensuring his clients will make the recovery they deserve. He knows that when people are searching for a law firm to help deal with an automobile wreck or workers’ compensation claim, they aren’t just hurt — they're also scared. They don’t know, or they don’t understand what the future will hold for them. Michael understands that what is also important is not just how the event affects the person who’s been injured, but their whole family. A major workplace injury, and recovery from such an event, has an impact on their spouse and their children. His clients can depend on his counsel to solve the problems and manage them through the complexities of the legal system. Michael is the protector and voice of his clients.
Like everyone in the Steinberg Law Firm these days, Michael has been adjusting to the COVID-19 pandemic by using video conferencing and other technologies to help clients sign documents and agreements so their cases can stay on track no matter what. He also has found that because many courts are closed due to the pandemic, insurance companies have been offering insufficient settlements. Michael responds aggressively to these tactics and plays hardball on behalf of his clients.
Michael grew up in Columbia, attended college and earned his B.A. degree from the University of South Carolina, and received his law degree from the Florida Coastal School of Law. Upon law school graduation, he joined the Steinberg Law Firm because of its long history of dedication to helping injured workers and its strong reputation in personal injury trials. He recognized the importance of the firm’s reputation for delivering proven results for the injured people of South Carolina.
For three years in a row, Michael has been recognized for his legal work in Best Lawyers in America (2016, 2017, and 2018). He also was selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in 2014. His trial work has been featured in SC Lawyers Weekly newspaper.
Michael is involved in the legal community. He is a past president of the Berkeley County Bar Association; was named to the Executive Committee of the SC Injured Workers Advocates; and is a member of the South Carolina Bar, Charleston County Bar Association, Berkeley County Bar Association, South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association, and South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division.
Beyond his professional affiliations, Michael is committed to service in the greater Charleston community. His dedication to such involvement began while in law school when he volunteered his services in a legal aid clinic. That work helped him appreciate every citizen’s right to a fair hearing. He has continued his service to the community by devoting time to Lowcountry AIDS Services in Charleston and volunteering with other nonprofit organizations, including Kids Chance of South Carolina.
About Michael Jordan
First Admitted: 2006, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.steinberglawfirm.com/attorney/michael-j-jordan/
- University of South Carolina- Bachelor of Arts- graduated 2001, 2001
- Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. For more than three decades, Best Lawyers lists have earned the respect of the profession, the media, and the public, as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere. , , Workers' Compensation Law- Claims and Appeals (2017-2020) and Personal Injury Law- Plaintiff (2018-2019), Best Lawyers of America, 2020
- AV Preeminent Rating-Judicial Edition, Martindale-Hubbell, 2022
- , Elite Lawyer, Elite Lawyer, 2021
- The Million Dollar Advocates is recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements. The organization was founded in 1993 and there are approximately 5000 members located throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members. Forum membership acknowledges excellence in advocacy, and provides members with a national network of experienced colleagues of professional referral and information exchange in major cases., Million Dollar Advocate, The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2019
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations., Super Lawyer (2018-2019), Super Lawyers, 2019
- https://www.steinberglawfirm.com/attorney/michael-j-jordan/, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Steinberg Law Firm, 2014
Last Updated: 5/15/2022