Alton L. Martin, Jr.
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Greenville, SC
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Alton L. Martin, Jr., is a partner with Martin & Martin, P.A., law firm in Greenville, South Carolina. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 30 years of total legal experience, Mr. Martin provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the Upstate of South Carolina and the surrounding areas of North Carolina and Georgia who have legal needs involving workers' compensation.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Martin has recovered substantial amounts of compensation for his plaintiff clients who suffered a debilitating injury or illness on the job. As an attorney, he has gained a reputation for his compassion and integrity as well as his unwavering commitment to helping his clients obtain the maximum amount of benefits they deserve.
Honored for his remarkable professionalism and outstanding client service, Mr. Martin has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell and consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America in the area of workers' compensation law. He has also received "Superb" client ratings on Avvo as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A South Carolina native, Mr. Martin graduated from The Citadel in 1987. He then attended Mercer University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1991. He also served in the U.S. Army from 1991 to 1994, where he was a member of the 82nd Airborne Division. He holds his license to practice in South Carolina and Georgia as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
Mr. Martin is a member of the South Carolina Bar and its Workers' Compensation Section as well as the State Bar of Georgia, the Injured Workers' Advocates and the Greenville County Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
About Alton L. Martin, Jr.
First Admitted: 1991, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.martinslawfirm.com/Al-Martin.html
- AV Preeminent rating - Martindale Hubbell, 1998 - Present
- , Best Lawyers in America, 2019 - present, Workers' Compensation - Claimants
- 10.0 Superb rating by AVVO, 2011 - Present
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
Pro bono/Community Service
- Chairman, Civil Service Commission - City of Greenville
- The Injured Workers Advocates
- The Greenville County Bar
- The State Bar of Georgia
- Member, South Carolina Bar (Workers' Compensation Section)
- U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Workers Compensation section, South Carolina Bar, 1996 - Present; Injured Workers Advocates, 2017 - Present; Greenville County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- South Carolina
- B.A., The Citadel, 1987
- South Carolina Workers' Compensation, Martin & Martin Attorneys, P.A., 2018
- Injured Workers Advocates
- SC Bar Workers Compensation Section
Last Updated: 5/15/2022