Beattie B. Ashmore
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Greenville, South CarolinaBeattie B. Ashmore, P.A.
Beattie B. Ashmore has been named one of the top 25 lawyers in South Carolina by Super Lawyers magazine every year since 2013. He is a former Federal prosecutor and has been practicing law in South Carolina for over 33 years. He was born and raised in Greenville, S.C., as were his parents and grandparents. Mr. Ashmore handles cases throughout South Carolina and he has appeared in civil and criminal cases in a number of other states. He focuses his practice on criminal defense and complex civil cases to include personal injury, wrongful death, whistleblower lawsuits, and business litigation. Mr. Ashmore also handles post-conviction and appellate issues.
Mr. Ashmore began his career clerking for bankruptcy judges and then served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the civil and criminal divisions of the United States Attorney's Office for the District of South Carolina. Mr. Ashmore's trials include a not guilty verdict on all counts of mail and wire fraud where the Government alleged a 12 million dollar loss in a Federal trial, the dismissal of a Federal indictment due to an unlawful search, and recent civil cases involving settlements of 2.2 million dollars and 2.6 million dollars related to his clients' injuries in automobile accidents and a multimillion dollar settlement from a restaurant chain involving the wrongful death of his client. In January of 2018 he tried a three week whistelblower lawsuit in Federal court in Charleston, S.C.
Mr. Ashmore has received the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell and has an Avvo "Superb" rating. In addition to successful trials and negotiated settlements in the civil arena, Mr. Ashmore has served as a Receiver to four different federal judges in South Carolina in four of the largest criminal pyramid schemes in South Carolina and he has disbursed over $59 million to more than 6,000 victims to date in those cases.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, General Litigation
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Litigation, Misdemeanor
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 50% General Litigation
First Admitted: 1987, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.beattieashmore.com/attorney-profile/
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Life Member)
- Greenville Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (past President)
- Upstate Citizens Screening Committee
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Association of Justice
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America" and the "Haynsworth-Perry Inn of Court
- College of Charleston, 1981
Office location for Beattie B. Ashmore
650 East Washington Street
Greenville, SC 29601
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023
Top ListsTop 25: South Carolina Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
- Top 25: 2023 South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2022 South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2021 South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2020 South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2019 South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2018 South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2016 South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2015 South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2014 South Carolina Super Lawyers