Bruce W. Bannister
Top rated general litigation attorney in Greenville, South CarolinaBannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC
Bruce W. Bannister is a member of the South Carolina House of Representatives and a partner of the law firm of Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC. He focuses on family law, eminent domain and complex civil litigation. He has tried cases involving bank fraud, condemnation, personal injury, premises liability, residential and commercial real estate, zoning, planning and land use. Former House Majority Leader, Mr. Bannister now serves as a member of the Ways and Means Committee and was recently named among Best Lawyers in Greenville, S.C., in the practice area of Governmental Relations.
A 1995 graduate of Davidson College, Mr. Bannister attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1998. The South Carolina Bar admitted him to practice that same year.
Widely regarded as one of the leading attorneys in the area, Mr. Bannister holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating, and Best Lawyers included him in its list of top attorneys in the region in 2018. He has also facilitated a number of legal courses as an adjunct professor at Greenville Technical College.
A native of Greenville, Mr. Bannister gives back to his community through his involvement with various civil and charitable organizations, including Leadership Greenville. He also once served on the board for the Greenville Peace Center and for A Child’s Haven, and in 2011, he received the Children’s Hospital Legislative Advocacy Award in recognition for his selfless contributions to the Institute for Child Success.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of Woodward/White, Inc. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of Woodward/White, Inc.
Practice areasGeneral litigation, Family law, Government contracts, Land use/zoning, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Father's rights, Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 40% General litigation
- 20% Family law
- 20% Government contracts
- 10% Land use/zoning
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1998, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://bannisterandwyatt.com/lawyers-in-greenville-sc/bruce...
- Board Member, Andrews Society of Greenville
- Board Member, Children’s Museum of the Upstate
- Past Board Member, Child’s Haven
- Member, Better Business Bureau
- Board Member, Greenville Peace Center
- Adjunct Professor, Greenville Technical College
- Davidson College, 1995
- Juris Doctor Degree from the University of South Carolina, 1998
- Member, South Carolina House of Representatives
- Chairman, Lawyer Legislator Task Force, South Carolina Bar
- Member, South Carolina Bar
- Assistant Majority Leader, SC House Republican Caucus, 2008-2012
- Member, Greenville County Young Lawyers
- South Carolina, 1998
- Member, Wig and Robe
- Children’s Hospital Legislative Advocacy Award, SC Institute for Child Success, 2011
- Peer Review Rated lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Complex Civil Litigation
Office location for Bruce W. Bannister
24 Cleveland St
Greenville, SC 29601
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
Find me online
- These two teams worked so hard on decorating! Which one will be the winner? You get to choose. A or B. Winner will… https://t.co/Rrbschmkby
- Happy Howl-o-week from the Pets of BWS! https://t.co/1M58i0w1gD
- We are so excited to sponsor another year with @projecthost ! Their annual BBQ COOK-OFF & FESTIVAL is coming up at… https://t.co/tMqe9uKs3I