Courtney C. Atkinson
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Greenville, SC
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018
A talented attorney experienced in family law, litigation and employment law, Courtney C. Atkinson represents clients of Metcalfe & Atkinson, LLC, from Greenville, Anderson and Spartanburg. Representing both individuals, employers and businesses, Ms. Atkinson has extensive experience in litigation in the following areas: intellectual property, premises liability, personal injury, general business, products liability, probate matters and matters of health care liability.
Outside of litigation, Ms. Atkinson handles family law matters such as uncontested and contested divorces, visitation matters, custody, alimony, and pre- and postnuptial agreements. Against federal and state agencies, such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Department of Employment & Workforce, the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, she has represented employers in both state and federal courts.
A graduate of Washington & Lee University School of Law, Ms. Atkinson earned a Juris Doctor in 2003 and participated as a member of the Community Legal Practice Center clinic, the Alderson Prison Clinic and the Moot Court Executive Board. Before law school, she graduated cum laude from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Arts in political science.
Ms. Atkinson is passionate about being involved in the community, and her commitment to giving back is evidenced through her works with the Women Attorneys Committee, the Greenville Hospital System’s Children’s Hospital Development Advisory Council and the Junior League of Greenville. A previous president of the Greenville County Bar Association, she is now serving her second term on the Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee for the Greenville City Council. In 2006, Greenville Business Magazine named her as one of the Best and Brightest 35 & Under.
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employer
- 30%Business Litigation
- 10%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10%Family Law
- 0%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Mediation, Contracts, Business Organizations, Alimony & Spousal Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018
About Courtney C. Atkinson
First Admitted: 2003, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://malawfirmsc.com/courtney-atkinson/
- University of Georgia, B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2000
Pro bono/Community Service
- United Way of Greenville County, Women Attorneys Committee, Chair
- United Way of Greenville County, Womens’ Leadership Council, Member
- Junior League of Greenville, President
- Greenville Hospital System’s Children’s Hospital Development Advisory Council
- Department of Employment and Workforce (DEW)
- South Carolina Human Affairs Commission (SCHAC)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- “Best and Brightest 35 & Under", Greenville Magazine, 2006
- President - Greenville County Bar Association, 2014
Last Updated: 5/15/2022