Courtney C. Atkinson
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Greenville, South CarolinaMetcalfe & Atkinson, LLC
A talented attorney experienced in family law, litigation and employment law, Courtney C. Atkinson represents clients of Metcalfe & Atkinson, LLC, from Greenville and many surrounding counties. Representing individuals, employers and businesses, Ms. Atkinson has extensive experience in litigation in the following areas: employment law, commercial litigation, family law, intellectual property, premises liability, personal injury, general business, products liability, probate matters and matters of health care liability.
Ms. Atkinson also handles family law matters such as uncontested and contested divorces, visitation matters, custody, alimony, and pre- and postnuptial agreements. She represents both employees and employers before various federal and state agencies, such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Department of Employment & Workforce, the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and also represents employers and employees in both state and federal courts.
A graduate of Washington & Lee University School of Law, Ms. Atkinson earned a Juris Doctor in 2003 and participated as a member of the Community Legal Practice Center clinic, the Alderson Prison Clinic and the Moot Court Executive Board. Before law school, she graduated cum laude from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Arts in political science.
Ms. Atkinson is passionate about being involved in the community, and her commitment to giving back is evidenced through her works with Jasmine Road, the South Carolina Children's Theatre, the Greenville Hospital System’s Children’s Hospital Development Advisory Council and the Junior League of Greenville. A previous president of the Greenville County Bar Association, she also served several terms on the Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee for the Greenville City Council. In 2006, Greenville Business Magazine named her as one of the Best and Brightest 35 & Under.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employer, Business litigation, Family law, Alternative dispute resolution, Business/corporate, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Alimony & spousal support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation, Contracts, Business organizations, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 40% Employment & labor: employer
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Family law
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
- 10% Business/corporate
- 0% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2003, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://malawfirmsc.com/courtney-atkinson/
- Jasmine Road - Board Member
- South Carolina Children's Theatre - Board Member
- United Way of Greenville County, Women Attorneys Committee, Chair
- United Way of Greenville County, Womens’ Leadership Council, Member
- Junior League of Greenville, President
- Greenville Hospital System’s Children’s Hospital Development Advisory Council
- University of Georgia, B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2000
- “Best and Brightest 35 & Under", Greenville Magazine, 2006
- President - Greenville County Bar Association, 2014
- Greenville County Bar Association Executive Committee
Office location for Courtney C. Atkinson
1395 South Church Street
Greenville, SC 29605
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018