Douglas F. Patrick
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Greenville, South CarolinaPatrick, Lewis & Watts, P.A.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Products Liability, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in South Carolina since: 1976
Education: University of South Carolina School of Law
Patrick, Lewis & Watts, P.A.211 Pettigru Street
Greenville, SC 29601
Douglas F. Patrick is an attorney at Covington Patrick, Lewis & Watts, P.A., in Greenville, South Carolina. Mr. Patrick practices business litigation, insurance litigation, medical negligence, personal injury, premises liability, product liability and wrongful death, serving clients throughout the Greenville region.
An AV Preeminent* peer- review rated attorney from Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Patrick has more than four decades of litigation experience and provides dedicated representation. He has a reputation for having a strong work ethic and being committed to his clients. His recovery of substantial sums in verdicts and settlements resulted in his inclusion in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
In acknowledgment of his many accomplishments over the course of his career, Mr. Patrick has received recognition from the American College of Trial Lawyers, The American Board of Trial Advocates and the International Society of Barristers. He is listed in the “The Best Lawyers in America” for over 25 years and is the recipient of awards from the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Greenville Bar Association and the South Carolina Association for Justice.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Patrick belongs to the South Carolina Bar and the South Carolina Association for Justice. He regularly lectures at seminars for the organizations.
Mr. Patrick earned a bachelor’s degree in industrial management from Clemson University and received his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law, graduating cum laude. He obtained his license to practice law in South Carolina in 1976. He is qualified to appear in all state courts, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Business Litigation, Insurance Coverage
Insurance, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 20% Business Litigation
- 10% Insurance Coverage
First Admitted: 1976, South Carolina
- Membership by Peer Review Selection, American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Masters in Trial Program, 2013 & 2015
- Membership by Peer Review Selection, International Society of Barristers
- Membership by Peer Review Selection, American College of Trial Advocacy
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- American Jurisprudence Award, University of South Carolina School of Law
- Victims’ Voice Award, South Carolina Jury Trial Foundation, 1994
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2013
- Top 25 Lawyers in South Carolina, South Carolina Super Lawyers, 2008 & 2009
- Tommy Thomason Award, Greenville County Bar Association, 2015
- Legal Elite, Greenville Magazine, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America, 1991 - Present
- People's Advocate Award (Founders Award), South Carolina Association For Justice, 2015
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, 2008 - 2014, 2017
- AV/AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 1981 - Present
- Lecturer, South Carolina Association for Justice, Annual Convention, Auto Torts and Young Lawyer Seminar
- Lecturer, South Carolina Bar Association, Bridge the Gap Program, 1996-2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1979
- American Association for Justice
- South Carolina Association for Justice, President, 1992 - 1993
- South Carolina Bar Association, Board of Commissioners on Grievances & Discipline, 1984 - 1985
- South Carolina Bar Association, Judicial Qualification Committee, 1992 - 1993
- South Carolina, 1976
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, 1978
- Clemson University, B.S. in Industrial Management, 1972
Office location for Douglas F. Patrick
211 Pettigru Street
Greenville, SC 29601
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2014, 2017 - 2023