James W. Bannister
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Greenville, South CarolinaBannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, White Collar Crimes, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in South Carolina since: 1995
Education: University of South Carolina School of Law
Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC24 Cleveland St
Greenville, SC 29601 Visit website
James W. Bannister is a partner in the firm Bannister Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC, in Greenville, South Carolina. Mr. Bannister is committed to providing his clients with experienced, insightful and well-prepared criminal defense representation in a broad range of cases, including drugs and narcotics, RICO charges, Internet crime, white collar crime, securities fraud, tax evasion, murder, sex charges, domestic violence and DUI. While he primarily takes on cases in the upstate of South Carolina, he represents individuals statewide in federal cases.
Mr. Bannister earned his undergraduate degree from the University of South Carolina Honors College in 1992, graduating as a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and he obtained his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. He joined Bannister Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC, after graduating from law school in 1995.
Mr. Bannister has been widely recognized for his legal achievements. He has garnered a listing in Best Lawyers in America* every year since 2007 in the DUI defense, criminal defense and white collar crime defense categories. Additionally, The National Trial Lawyers recently named him among the South Carolina nominees for their Top 100 Trial Lawyers organization.
Active in his professional community through a number of organizations, Mr. Bannister is a member of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers, the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Federal Bar Association and the South Carolina Bar. He is also certified in criminal trial advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Outside of the courtroom, Mr. Bannister enjoys serving his community. He is currently the Vice-Chariman of Greenville Water, Commission of Public Works.
*The Best Lawyers in America® 2010. Copyright 2009 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, White Collar Crime
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 30% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 1995, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://bannisterandwyatt.com/attorney/james-bannister/
- Criminal Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy, (2007-Present)
- Member, South Carolina Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- S.C. Bar Board of Governors (2014-Present)
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Chairman, SC Bar Criminal Laws Committee 2011
- Member, U.S. Disctrict Court - District of South Carolina (1995-Present)
- Member, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Member, South Carolina Bar (1995-Present)
- Best Lawyers in America, White and Non-White Collar Criminal Defense, as well as DUI/DWI Defense, (2007 - Present)
- Named, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, South Carolina (2012 - Present)
Office location for James W. Bannister
24 Cleveland St
Greenville, SC 29601
- Super Lawyers: 2010, 2012 - 2023