Top rated personal injury attorney in Greenville, South CarolinaThe Melonakos Law Firm
The founder of his eponymous law firm, Michael Melonakos focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. From the firm's office in Greenville, South Carolina, he provides advice and counsel to people throughout the state who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties. Mr. Melonakos also represents policyholders whose claims have been delayed, challenged or denied in bad faith by their insurance companies. He is admitted to practice before all South Carolina and Georgia state courts.
The types of personal injury cases that Mr. Melonakos has handled have arisen out of incidents involving truck and other motor vehicle crashes, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workplace accidents, and defective products. Throughout his career, he has been able to procure numerous sizable jury verdicts and negotiated settlements for his clients, including a settlement in excess of $1 million in a truck accident that resulted in a severe lower back injury sustained by his client. In another case that was settled through mediation, Mr. Melonakos obtained $946,105 for a client whose vehicle was rear-ended by an ambulance. His successes both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table have led to his receipt of a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo and to his being named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40.
Mr. Melonakos is a graduate of Michigan State University, where he majored in finance and received a Bachelor of Arts in 2005. He then went on to attend the University of Georgia School of Law, and he served on the Journal of Intellectual Property Law before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 2008. He was an associate with Atlanta law firms before opening his own firm in 2018.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Insurance coverage
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Bad faith insurance
First Admitted: 2008, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.scinjuryattorney.com/our-team/michael-melonakos/
- St. George Greek Orthodox Cathedral
- Greenville Bar Association, Volunteer
- Provided legal counsel to local Georgia artists pro bono through Georgia Lawyers for the Arts.
- Founding Member of Young Professionals for Piedmont Park, 2016
- I served on the board and participated in the Atlanta Bar Foundation's "LawJam - Lawyer Battle of the Bands" which raised money to fund pro bono legal services throughout the metro Atlanta area. , 2015
- Michigan State University, B.A., Major: Finance, Major: International Business, Honors: President of his Fraternity, 2001
- Presented 30 minute lecture to leading trial attorneys at GTLA annual seminar., Speaker, Tips and Tricks and Techniques for Handling Magistrate Court Cases , GTLA
- Journal of Intellectual Property, Notes Editor, University of Georgia Law School
- Took and passed the Georgia Bar. Admitted to practice in all State and Superior Courts of Georgia and N.D. Georgia and M.D. Georgia., 2008
- I took and passed the South Carolina Bar and continue to represent clients in Georgia and South Carolina. , 2012
- Member of the Litigation Section of The Atlanta Bar Association, 2010
- Member of the Atlanta Bard Show, a popular show written and performed by 50 local lawyers and judges to raise money for the Atlanta Bar Foundation., 2015
- JURY VERDICT in Bulloch County of $80,000.00 where State Farm's top offer before trial was $10,000.00. , 2014
- $950,000 Settlement against negligent corporate defendant. Defendant hid important documents and failed to follow its own policies after it caused a motor vehicle collision. Case was litigated for two years and depositions were taken in Georgia and Colorado. Defendant did not offer anything to settle until after suit was filed and multiple depositions were taken., 2017
- $150,000 JURY VERDICT in Gwinnett County where insurance company's pre-trial top offer was $50,000.00 , 2016
- $100,000 policy limits pre-suit settlement on a case where the Defendant driver was high on pills when he ran into our client. Our extensive background research on the Defendant revealed a history of drug abuse arrests which pressured the insurance company to meet our demand for their policy limits on a case where they may have otherwise tried to delay settlement or force the case into a lawsuit., 2017
- Member, GTLA Lead , 2016
- Business Law Society, Founder, University of Georgia Law School
Office location for Michael Melonakos
1310 Augusta St
Greenville, SC 29605
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023