W. Harold Christian, Jr.
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Greenville, SC
- Free Consultation
An accomplished attorney with over four decades of experience, Mr. W. Harold Christian Jr. is the attorney behind the law firm of Christian & Christian in Greenville, South Carolina. He has been a pillar of strength for the firm since its inception in 1975. Clients rely on his services for matters such as workers’ compensation, nursing home abuse and neglect, medical malpractice, auto accidents, drug and medical device issues, and products liability.
Mr. Christian attended Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee, to complete his bachelor’s degree. While there, he majored in political science and graduated with honors in 1971. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1975. He excelled in law school, too, and won the American Jurisprudence Award in Domestic Relations.
Mr. Christian’s passion for the law and his trial experience has enabled him to procure several multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for his personal injury clients. His top results include $4 million in a wrongful death case, $2.4 million in a head-on collision and $1 million in a car accident case.
For his professionalism and stellar client service, Mr. Christian was:
- Rated among the Outstanding Young Men In America by the U.S. Jaycees
- Listed on The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 list
- Named in Who's Who in America – Law Edition
Several professional associations have honored Mr. Christian with membership and leadership positions. These include the American Association for Justice, South Carolina Association for Justice, South Carolina Workers' Compensation Educational Association, South Carolina Bar, Greenville County Bar Association and Set Free Alliance.
A respected and valuable contributor to his legal community, Mr. Christian frequently volunteers to provide pro bono services. He is the trustee and group teacher at the Brookwood Community Church and is the chairman of Youth For Christ and Shannon Forest Christian School.
An ardent and knowledgeable speaker, Mr. Christian regularly presents in many legal organizations and education forums such as the South Carolina Bar and National Business Institute on topics related to medical malpractice and workers’ compensation. He also served as an instructor for the Greenville Technical College’s workers' compensation paralegal program.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2011, 2017 - 2022
About W. Harold Christian, Jr.
First Admitted: 1975, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.cclawfirm.com/attorney-profiles/harold-christian
Pro bono/Community Service
- Trustee, Group Teacher, Group Leader, Brookwood Community Church
- Board Member and Chairman, Youth For Christ
- Board Member and Chairman, Shannon Forest Christian School
- Board of Deacons, Chairman, Chair Finance Committee, Chair Personnel Committee, Edwards Road Baptist Church
- Vice Chair, Board of Set Free Alliance
- Previous Board Member of Set Free Alliance
- South Carolina Bar, Member & Former Access to Justice Committee
- South Carolina Workers' Compensation Education Association, Member
- South Carolina Injured Workers' Association, Member
- Greenville County Bar Association, Former Member, Law Day Committee
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- American Association for Justice, Nursing Home Litigation Section, Sustaining Member
- American Association for Justice, Professional Negligence Section, Sustaining Member
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Sustaining Member
- South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in South Carolina, The American Trial Lawyer Association
- 28th Edition "Lawyer of the Year" for his work in Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs, Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs and Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer in 2017 for the area of Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers, 2011, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Named in Top 100 Trial Lawyers in South Carolina, Top 100 Trial Lawyers in South Carolina, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Who's Who in America, Law Edition
- Outstanding Young Men In America, U.S. Jaycees
- Medical Malpractice from A to Z , National Business Institute Seminar
- Former Instructor, Workers' Compensation, Paralegal Program at Greenville Tech, Greenville, South Carolina
- Workers' Compensation in South Carolina - "Issues & Answers", National Business Institute
- Handling Workers' Compensation Cases, South Carolina Bar
- Ethics for South Carolina Lawyers, National Business Institute Seminar
- How to Litigate Your First Case, National Business Institute Seminar
- Carson-Newman College, Jefferson City, Tennessee, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with Dean's List
Last Updated: 5/15/2022