Top Rated Social Security Disability Attorney in Greenwood, SC
Attorney Timothy Clardy is a partner with McCravy Law, which has six law offices throughout South Carolina. Serving clients across the state, Mr. Clardy holds his board certification as a Social Security Disability advocate from the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and he focuses his practice primarily on Social Security Disability claims.
Along with Social Security Disability, Mr. Clardy has extensive experience with handling workers' compensation claims, as well as civil litigation and personal injury claims arising from the negligent and careless actions of others. From his efforts, he has recovered substantial compensation for his plaintiff clients suffering from a debilitating injury or chronic illness that prevents them from working, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his community during their times of dire need.
From his success providing unmatched counsel and support to those seeking their rightful SSDI benefits when they can no longer work, Mr. Clardy has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
In 2000, Mr. Clardy graduated summa cum laude from the University of South Carolina, where he received the Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award. He then returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2005.
While pursuing his legal degree, Mr. Clardy received the Compleat Lawyer Award from the school as well as the Victor A. Michelwitz Award from the South Carolina Supreme Court. He was also an active member of the South Carolina Law Review and the Student Bar Association, and he graduated Order of the Coif and Order of the Wig and Robe.
Mr. Clardy is admitted to practice before all trial and appellate courts in South Carolina, as well as the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit. He is also an active member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, the South Carolina Bar and the Anderson American Inn of Court, among his other professional affiliations.
- 100%Social Security Disability
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018
Certificates and Credentials
About Timothy Clardy
First Admitted: 2005, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://mccravylaw.com/timothy-a-clardy/
- Author, South Carolina Law Review, 2004, Non-resident Defendants Don’t Deserve Convenience or Justice in South Carolina?
- Member, South Carolina Law Review
- Speaker at the 2016 South Carolina Bar Convention, 2015 Workers' Compensation Case Law Update
- Victor A. Michelwitz Award, South Carolina School of Law
- Super Lawyers, 2015 - Present
- Compleat Lawyer Award, University of South Carolina School of Law, 2005
- Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award, University of South Carolina, 2000
- 20 Under 40 Emerging Leaders, Anderson Independent-Mail, 2012
- University of South Carolina, Bachelor of Science, Honors: Summa Cum Laude, Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award
- Board Certification in Social Security Disability by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
Pro bono/Community Service
- Cub Scout Pack 41 - Den Leader
- President, Student Bar Association and received the honors of Order of the Wig and Robe and Order of the Coif
- Go Play Outside, Secretary/Treasurer, 2006 to present
- Family Promise of Anderson County, former Board Member/President, 2009-2015
- Foothills Alliance, former Board Member/President, 2006-2009
- Organized Wills Clinic for Habitat for Humanity of Anderson County, 2014
- First Baptist Church of Anderson, Deacon, Choir, Sunday School Teacher
- South Carolina Bar
- Member, South Carolina Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Member, Anderson Inn of Court
- Anderson County Bar Association
- Member, National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Bird v. Commissioner of Social Sec. Admin., 699 F.3d 337 (4th Cir. 2012)
- Brown v. Commissioner of Social Security Administration, No. 16-1578 (4th Cir. 2017).
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Eagle Scout
Last Updated: 5/15/2022