Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in Mount Pleasant, South CarolinaCampbell Law Firm, PA
Kevin Campbell is the owner of the Campbell Law Firm, which is based in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. With over five decades of experience practicing law, he works with clients with financial difficulties and focuses his practice on bankruptcy law and workout arrangements.
Serving clients throughout the Charleston metro, Mr. Campbell is a zealous and persistent defender of his clients' rights and freedoms. To the advantage of his clients who are looking for a way out of their tough economic situations, he makes use of the significant knowledge he has gained working in the area of bankruptcy law over the years.
Mr. Campbell earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from The Citadel and went on to pursue his legal studies at the University of South Carolina. He received his Doctor of Jurisprudence in 1973 and was admitted to practice in South Carolina the same year.
In addition, Mr. Campbell is admitted to appear before the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. In 2016, he graduated from the St. Leo University with a master’s degree in theology and is an ordained deacon at a Roman Catholic church in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
Mr. Campbell is a board-certified bankruptcy specialist, certified by the South Carolina Supreme Court. He has also received certification as a business bankruptcy law specialist from the American Bankruptcy Board of Certification. Moreover, he serves as a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Campbell is a member of the Charleston County Bar Association, the South Carolina Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute and the South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association. He also is a former member of the District of South Carolina’s Local Bankruptcy Rules Committee and a past president of the South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association.
Honored for his exemplary work in the field of bankruptcy, Mr. Campbell has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for the areas of bankruptcy, debtors/creditors’ rights, and insolvency and reorganization law. On Avvo, he also has a perfect score of 10 out of 10. He is a sought-after speaker on topics related to insolvency and debt for a number of prestigious law associations.
Practice areasBankruptcy: Consumer, Bankruptcy: Business
- 50% Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 50% Bankruptcy: Business
First Admitted: 1973, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://campbell-law-firm.com/campbell.html
- Palmetto Land Title Association- Basic Bankruptcy Information for Real Estate Practitioners
- Wealth Strategies Seminars, The Basics on Asset Protection- Bankruptcy and Exemptions
- South Carolina Summary Court Judges Association Annual Legislative Seminar- The Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005 and Its Impact on the Stay
- South Carolina Summary Court Judges Association Annual Staff/ Judges Seminar- The Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005 and Its Impact on the Stay
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association Annual Seminar and Convention- Asset Protection and Planning, Covering Your Assets
- Internal Revenue Service Insolvency Group; Continuing Professional Education Convention- IRS Claims in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Cases
- 9th Annual Utility Bankruptcy Conference- Chapter 7/13 Trustee's View of Utilities and Avoidance Actions
- Credit Professionals International - Coastal Chapter- Impact of New Bankruptcy Legislation
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees Annual Conference- Trustee Workshop Office Management
- Charleston County Bar - CLE Program- Bankruptcy Law
- Charleston Chapter of American Subcontractors Association- Basic Bankruptcy Information for Subcontractors
- Charleston Association of Legal Assistants- Basic Bankruptcy Information for Legal Assistants
- Charleston Chapter of Credit Unions- Basic Bankruptcy Information for Credit Unions
- Charleston County Legal Secretaries Association- Basic Bankruptcy Information for Legal Secretaries
- South Carolina Electric and Gas- Bankruptcy Duplications Upon Collection Practice
- SC Bankruptcy Law Association, Past President
- Board of Mason Preparatory School, Past Chairman
- Consumer Credit Association, Past President
- IOP Connector Bridge Run and Walk for the Child, Past Chairman
- State of South Carolina certified, Bankruptcy Specialist, 1993
- American Bankruptcy Institute certified in 1993 as a Consumer Business Bankruptcy Specialist
- St Leo University, Masters in Theology, 2016
- Citadel (Military College of South Carolina), B. A., 1970
- South Carolina, 1973
- SC Bankruptcy Law Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Local Bankruptcy Rules Committee of the District of South Carolina, Member, 1994-1996
- Appointed to Panel of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustees, 1979-Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, US Supreme Court, 1978
- District of South Carolina, 1992
- U.S. District Court, 1988
Office location for Kevin Campbell
890 Johnnie Dodds Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023