Kevin R. Dean
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Mount Pleasant, SC
Representing those with wrongful death, products liability and catastrophic injury cases, Kevin R. Dean is a vital member of Motley Rice LLC. His clients come from South Carolina, Mississippi and Georgia. Passionate about receiving fair compensation for victims and their families, his work has been focused on those who have been affected by industrial and occupational fires and accidents, hazardous consumer products and additional negligent incidents.
Mr. Dean is a member of the Attorneys Exchange Information Group board and is a Torts & Negligence chair for the South Carolina Association for Justice Board of Governors. A passionate member of the legal community, he is also a member of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice.
Admitted to practice in South Carolina, Georgia and Mississippi, Mr. Dean is also admitted to practice before several federal courts. These include the United States District Courts for the District of South Carolina, the Southern and Northern Districts of Mississippi, the Central District of Illinois and the Southern, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia.
He is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th, 5th, 4th and 3rd Circuits. After earning a Bachelor of Arts degree from Valdosta State University, Mr. Dean graduated with his Juris Doctor degree from Cumberland School of Law.
About Kevin R. Dean
First Admitted: 1992, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.motleyrice.com/attorneys/kevin-r-dean
- Licensed In: GA, MS, SC Admitted to Practice Before: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits; U.S District Court for the Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Georgia; Central District of Illinois; Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi and District of South Carolina
- Co-authored “Dangerous Doors and Loose Latches,” published in Trial Magazine (2004) for the American Association for Justice
- Authored “The Right to Jury Trial in ERISA Civil Enforcement Actions” published in The American Journal of Trial Advocacy (1989)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV rated attorney
- 2017–2021 Best Lawyers® Charleston, S.C. Personal injury litigation – plaintiffs; Product Liability Litigation – plaintiffs
- 2012–2013 Benchmark Plaintiff National "Litigation Star": mass torts/product liability2012–2014 Benchmark Plaintiff South Carolina “Litigation Star”: product liability
- 2020 Lawdragon 500 Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers
- Guzman v. Ford (2001)
- Malone v. General Motors Corporation (1998)
- Hayward v. Ford (2005)
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group, Board of Directors
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Board of Governors–Circuit 9; Tort & Negligence Chair
- American Association for Justice
- B.A., Valdosta State University, 1989
Last Updated: 6/3/2022