Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Mount Pleasant, SC
- Free Consultation
The backbone of Loignon Law Firm, attorney Michael Loignon protects the rights and interests of his clients in Charleston County and throughout South Carolina. With years of experience in various areas of law, he has focused his practice on:
- Personal injury: Car and motorcycle accidents, truck wrecks, premises liability accidents, workplace injuries and wrongful death
- Criminal defense: DUI and DWI, assault and battery, theft, domestic violence, juvenile offenses and probation violations
- Family law: Divorce, child custody and support, and guardian ad litem cases
Licensed to practice in all the state courts of South Carolina since 2013, Mr. Loignon is also qualified to appear before the federal courts of South Carolina. He is a skilled litigator with a proven track record and has obtained many not guilty verdicts in Charleston County. During his time as a Charleston County Assistant Public Defender he tried dozens of cases to verdict and defended hundreds of felony and misdemeanor cases.
A dean’s list graduate of The Citadel, Mr. Loignon served as a member of the Citadel Inn of Court. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts in political science in 2004 followed by his Juris Doctor cum laude from the Charleston School of Law in 2013. While there, he received many scholarships and the CALI Excellence for the Future Award.
A Major in the South Carolina Army National Guard, Mr. Loignon has deployed to Iraq and Kuwait and was awarded the Army Commendation Medal for his service. This unique background has enabled him to provide a multifaceted approach to his clients’ legal matters.
Mr. Loignon is a member of the South Carolina Bar, the Charleston County Bar Association, the South Carolina Association for Justice, the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the National Guard Association of South Carolina.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Criminal Defense
- 20%Family Law
- 10%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Dram Shop Laws, Brain Injury, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Juvenile Law, Name Change, DUI/DWI
- Rising Stars: 2022
About Michael Loignon
First Admitted: 2013, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.loignonlawfirm.com/charleston-lawyer/
- The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, 2004
- Not Guilty - Murder - Charleston County, 2018
- Not Guilty-Indecent Exposure-Charleston County, 2015
- Not Guilty -Domestic Violence High and Aggravated -Charleston County, 2016
- Not Guilty - Murder - Charleston County, 2019
- South Carolina Bar Association, 2021
- National Guard Association of South Carolina, 2021
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2021
- South Carolina Association for Justice, 2021
- Charleston County Bar Association, 2021
Last Updated: 5/15/2022