Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Mount Pleasant, South CarolinaLoignon Law Firm
A well-rounded attorney who serves the residents of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, from the Loignon Law Firm, Michael Loignon uses his strong legal acumen to provide top-notch representation to his clients in a variety of legal matters, including:
- Family law issues such as divorce and custody
- Criminal law issues such as drug crimes, juvenile offenses, assault and battery, violent crimes, expungement, theft and parole and bond hearings, among many others
- Personal injury: Automobile accidents, dog bites, construction accidents, workplace injuries, truck accidents and slip-and-falls
- Professional license defense
Prior to his foray into the legal field, Mr. Loignon served in the Army National Guard, earning his rank as Major. With deployments in many dangerous conflict zones, he also answered the call to help fellow Americans during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic as part of the coronavirus relief mission, earning him numerous Army Commendation Medals. His dedication and commitment to keeping people safe has translated effectively to his law practice, always making sure that his clients get effective legal counsel to help them get back to their daily lives.
Mr. Loignon attended The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, where he served important roles as a squad sergeant and senior mentor. He was part of the Citadel Inn of Court and included in the dean’s list. After graduating with his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science in 2004, he enrolled into the Charleston School of Law, where he was part of the Military Law Society and the Criminal Law Society. He received his Juris Doctor and his license to practice in South Carolina in 2013, and later, admission to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina.
During his time in law school, Mr. Loignon was the recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Evidence, awarded the Military Order of the Purple Heart scholarship and the AHEPA Merit Scholarship. His career started at the South Carolina Department of Social Services, where he took on a plethora of family law cases. He then made the move to the Charleston County Public Defender’s Office, where he defended nearly a thousand clients in a wide range of felonies and misdemeanors. His experience within the South Carolina justice system is a mammoth advantage for his clients.
Nearly a decade since he first started practicing, Mr. Loignon has gained the admiration of the legal community, with many organizations acknowledging his prowess and tireless work ethic. He was named a Best Lawyer by Expertise.com, included in the Top 40 Under 40 list by The National Trial Lawyers and rated “Superb” on Avvo, along with many positive testimonials on the site.
An upstanding figure of the legal community, Mr. Loignon is keen to keep his society engaged with all the changes that occur in the legal field everyday and hosts continuing legal education programs on topics related to family law, criminal law and more. He holds close affiliations to organizations such as the South Carolina Association for Justice, the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Charleston County Bar Association and the South Carolina Bar.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Family Law
Animal Bites, Assault & Battery, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, DUI/DWI, Divorce, Dram Shop Laws, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Probation, Sex Offenses, Slip and Fall, Theft, Trucking Accidents
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Family Law
First Admitted: 2013, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.loignonlawfirm.com/charleston-lawyer/
- South Carolina
- South Carolina Bar Association, 2021
- United States District Court, South Carolina
- National Guard Association of South Carolina, 2021
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2021
- South Carolina Association for Justice, 2021
- Charleston County Bar Association, 2021
- The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, 2004
- Not Guilty - Murder - Charleston County, 2018
- Not Guilty-Indecent Exposure-Charleston County, 2015
- Not Guilty -Domestic Violence High and Aggravated -Charleston County, 2016
- Not Guilty - Murder - Charleston County, 2019
Office location for Michael Loignon
222 W Coleman Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023