R. Scott Dover
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Pickens, SC
Attorney R. Scott Dover, founder of the Law Offices of R. Scott Dover in Pickens, South Carolina, handles cases in many different areas of law. Mr. Dover represents clients within Pickens as well as throughout Anderson, Greenville, Oconee and Spartanburg counties in South Carolina.
Mr. Dover practices in the areas of criminal defense, family law, personal injury law and workers’ compensation. In the area of criminal defense, he has experience with general sessions charges, DUI and drug offenses, juvenile charges and magistrate level offenses.
In his personal injury law practice, Mr. Dover represents victims of car, motorcycle, truck and other types of accidents as well as accidents caused by drunk drivers. He also handles wrongful death cases and both temporary and permanent disability workers’ compensation claims. His family law experience includes matters involving divorce, child custody, child support and separation.
After graduating from the University of South Carolina with a political science degree, Mr. Dover earned his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. He is admitted to practice within both state and federal courts in South Carolina.
Recognized for his more than two decades of experience, Mr. Dover has been listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America.” He has also been named a master of the bench in the Upstate South Carolina American Inn of Court.
Active in his professional community, Mr. Dover is a member of the Pickens County Bar Association, the Greenville County Bar Association and the South Carolina Bar. He is also a member of national groups including the American Board of Trial Advocates and the American Association for Justice.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Family Law
- 10%Criminal Defense
- 10%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Paternity, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI
- Super Lawyers: 2011, 2017 - 2022
About R. Scott Dover
First Admitted: 1987, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.rscottdover.com/attorneys
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- South Carolina
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Greenville County Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Member of the Board of Governors, House of Delegates, South Carolina Bar Association, 2010
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Pickens County Bar Association, Member
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Member
- Federal Court Association, Member
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- South Carolina Bar, Member
- South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Received “AV Preeminent”rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized by “Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized as Master of the Bench, Upstate South Carolina Inn of Court Association
- Pickens High School, 1980
- University of South Carolina, BA , Political Science, 1984
- Frequent Lecturer of SC Bar , Domestic Law Programs
- Attorney For The Town Of Central
- Pickens County Clerk Of Court
Last Updated: 5/22/2022