Alexander P. Lewis
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Spartanburg, South CarolinaCummings & Lewis, LLC
Alexander P. Lewis is an attorney at the law firm of Cummings & Lewis, LLC, in Spartanburg, South Carolina. With more than 11 years of experience in the field of law, he represents clients who are victims of the negligent actions of another party. The types of cases he takes on include personal injury, Social Security Disability and workers’ compensation.
Mr. Lewis is a fierce and tenacious litigator fighting for the rights of his clients who have been harmed and are suffering through no fault of their own. He has a genuine concern for their well-being and strives to ensure they earn the just compensation they deserve.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree in history, Mr. Lewis graduated from Clemson University, where he was a member of the William T. Howell Pre-Law Society. He earned his Juris Doctor from the Charleston School of Law, where he served as student body president. He received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in advanced civil procedure.
Additionally, Mr. Lewis was also appointed to be a part of the James L. Petigru Inn of Court. After law school, he worked for many attorneys and handled various personal injury and class action matters. He is licensed to practice in the state of South Carolina.
In the legal community, Mr. Lewis has active memberships in the South Carolina Bar, the Spartanburg County Bar Association and the South Carolina Association for Justice. For his exceptional work in the legal field, he received the C. Bruce Littlejohn Young Lawyer of the Year title from the Spartanburg County Bar Association in 2017. He also has an “Excellent” rating on Avvo.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Workers' Compensation: Claimant, Social Security Disability
Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 10% Social Security Disability
First Admitted: 2010, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.cummingslewis.com/spartanburg-attorneys/Alexande...
- Member Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium Commission
- Member of the South Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind Foundation Aim High Committee, 2023
- Member of the South Carolina Association of Justice
- Spartanburg County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Member of Injured Workers Advocates, 2021
- Clemson University, B.A., History, 2007
- C. Bruce Littlejohn Young Lawyer of the Year Award, Spartanburg County Bar Association, 2017
- Recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Advanced Civil Procedure
- $1,800,000.00 settlement involving a financial advisor's improper and negligent management of investments. , 2023
- $875,000 Settlement in Wrongful Death Case where liability was contested., 2022
- $300,000 settlement against a government tortfeasor for a failure to maintain a roadway in proper condition, 2022
- $260,000.00 settlement of a Workers Compensation Case where such total represented permanent and total disability., 2022
- $200,000 Settlement in Contested Brain Injury Case, 2022
Office location for Alexander P. Lewis
679 E Main St
Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023