Patrick E. Knie
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Spartanburg, South CarolinaKnie & Shealy
Attorney Patrick E. Knie is the founder of Knie & Shealy Law Offices, located in Spartanburg, South Carolina. He has an extensive legal background in personal injury cases and serves clients who have been injured in the Spartanburg and Greenville areas of South Carolina.
With more than 50 years of experience, Mr. Knie is dedicated to representing injured and disabled individuals. His practice is solely focused on litigation, and he derives great satisfaction from challenging large corporations, banks, insurance companies and employers that mistreat his clients. Other attorneys often seek his assistance in handling major litigation cases, and he has successfully participated in numerous significant trials at both the state and federal court levels.
Mr. Knie values his clients and places great importance on listening to their needs and maintaining open lines of communication. In order to compete effectively with larger law firms, he has made substantial investments in the latest technology. Although he holds the medical profession in high regard, he also handles medical malpractice cases when he believes they have merit.
In terms of his education, Mr. Knie obtained his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1972. He was admitted to the South Carolina Bar the same year and is licensed to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina since 1973. Additionally, he is admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit since 1974.
As a dedicated legal professional, Mr. Knie maintains membership in the South Carolina Association for Justice. He has been recognized for his vast legal acumen and has received several honors and awards, including being listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2003. In 1969, he was selected for inclusion in Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities. He is also AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell and holds a 10/10 rating on Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Health Care, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Social Security Disability, Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Nursing Home, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Health Care
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Social Security Disability
- 10% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 1972, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.knieshealy.com/patrick-eugene-knie-esq.html
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2003 - Present
- Who's Who In American Colleges and Universities, 1969
- AV Peer Review Rated Martindale-Hubbell
- Board of Visitor University of South Carolina, 2002 - Present
- Super Lawyers, 2008 - 2014
- Outstanding Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers in Greenville
- Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices and Fair Credit Reporting Act, South Carolina Bar, 2000
- South Carolina, 1972
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1974
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Board of Governors, 2000-2006
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1973
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Member, 1973-present
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, B.S, Major: History, 1969
Office location for Patrick E. Knie
250 Magnolia Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2014, 2017 - 2024