Steven E. Goldberg
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Summerville, SC
- Free Consultation
Steven E. Goldberg followed his father into a career of law by joining the Steinberg Law Firm in 1993. As he explains, “Growing up, I was impressed to see my father working hard and his clients being truly thankful for that hard work.”
Now in practice for more than 25 years, Steven has represented clients in cases involving on-the-job injuries and automobile wrecks, and has expanded his practice representing families of those who have had loved ones injured or killed in nursing home neglect. He has been successful in many trial appearances and settlements totaling over several million dollars; most recently, he represented a family whose elderly father died because of a truck driver’s negligence in a case that settled for $3.5 million. The father was rear-ended, and Steven fought the insurance company over the settlement amount when the company tried to use the fact that the driver was 75 years old to say his family shouldn’t receive such a large settlement.
Steven maintains his office in Summerville, and practices law at both the firm’s Broad Street and Goose Creek locations. He is active in the legal community, having served as president of the South Carolina Injured Workers’ Advocates and chairperson of the South Carolina Bar Workers’ Compensation Section. He has served on the board of Governors for the Association for Justice (Trial Lawyers), and has argued Workers’ Compensation cases before the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Supreme Court. He also shares his experience and knowledge regarding workers’ compensation issues with colleagues and the business community members at various seminars.
Active in his community, Steven is a member of KKBE and has served as president of the East Cooper Jewish Community; chair of Operation Home, an organization devoted to making homes safer for lower-income residents; and chair of the Grantmaking and Leadership Committee of the Coastal Community Foundation.
Steven earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law.
About Steven E. Goldberg
First Admitted: 1993, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.steinberglawfirm.com/attorney/steven-e-goldberg/
- University of Florida, 1990
- Chair of the Workers Compensation Section, 2012
Pro bono/Community Service
- President of Operation Home, 2014
- $900,000 Truck Wreck, 2019
- 3.5 Million Dollar Trucking/Wrongful Death Claim, 2018
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations., Super Lawyer (2019-2020), Super Lawyers, 2020
- , South Carolina Lawyers Weekly Leader in Law , South Carolina Lawyers Weekly, 2021
- Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. For more than three decades, Best Lawyers lists have earned the respect of the profession, the media, and the public, as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere. , Workers' Compensation Law- Claims and Appeals (2018-2020) and Personal Injury Law- Plaintiff (2018-2019), Best Lawyers of America, 2020
Last Updated: 5/15/2022