Robert J. Rohl
Top rated personal injury attorney in Rapid City, South DakotaRobert J. Rohl, Trial Attorney
Robert “Robbie” Rohl is licensed to practice in federal and state courts of South Dakota. Robert J. Rohl is a trial lawyer in Rapid City, South Dakota. His practice primarily consists of personal injury and serious criminal defense matters. Mr. Rohl serves clients throughout South Dakota, including Rapid City, Aberdeen, Deadwood, Sturgis, Spearfish and Sioux Falls. Mr. Rohl has handled personal injury cases in other states as well, including Wyoming, Montana, Alabama and Nevada.
Mr. Rohl has successfully represented clients who have incurred life-changing and traumatic injuries. Robert Rohl has represented clients and families who, through no fault of their own, have incurred brain and spinal cord-related injuries; sexual assaults and emotional trauma; loss of limb function and amputation; boat/marine injuries; knee injuries; hand injuries; trucking crash injuries; motor vehicle crash injuries; motorcycle crash injuries; loss of vision; loss of hearing; substantial property loss; wrongful death; and malpractice.
A graduate of the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota, Mr. Rohl received his Bachelor of Arts in economics and philosophy in 2008. Later in 2011, he earned his Juris Doctor from the University of South Dakota School of Law. Robert Rohl served as a law clerk at the Fourth Judicial Circuit Court of South Dakota. In 2019 Robert Rohl attended the prestigious Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming. Mr. Rohl developed relationships with and learned from some of the most influential and successful trial lawyers in the country.
Mr. Rohl mainly represents his clients against large corporations. In the past four years, he has successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of his clients. For his utmost dedication to his clients, Robert Rohl has been included in the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 – Civil Plaintiff, Top 10 Under 40 attorneys list by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Super Lawyers Rising Star selectee since 2012, and has received other selections and invitations for recognition.
Mr. Rohl is a member of the American Association for Justice, serves on the Board of Governors for the South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, a member of the Federal Practice Committee for the District of South Dakota, holds memberships in the South Dakota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Pennington County Bar Association. Mr. Rohl gives back to his community by donating his time to a nonprofit he co-founded, Serenity Management. Serenity Management is a local Black Hills non-profit that provides sober living housing to those actively suffering from addiction.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Criminal defense
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence
- 60% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 40% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 2012, South Dakota
Professional Webpage: https://www.605legal.com/
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star (Criminal Defense & Personal Injury, 2015 to Present
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Present
- DWI and DUI Lawyers, Best
- Top 10 Under 40, Personal Injury Attorney
- Top 40 Under 40, Criminal Attorney
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, 2013 to 2015
- Serenity Management (local nonprofit co-founded by Robbie), Vice President
- Black Hills Criminal Defense Association, Past President, 2018
- American Association for Justice, Criminal Law Section, President/Section Leader, 2018
- Pennington County Bar Association, Member
- South Dakota Criminal Defense Bar, Member
- University of Saint Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota, B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2008, Major: Economics, Minor: Philosophy
- Trial Lawyers College, Dubois, Wyoming, 2019
Office location for Robert J. Rohl
2902 W Main St
Rapid City, SD 57702
- Rising Stars: 2015, 2017 - 2022